puppetca and openvpn ...

Ben

Nov 18, 2008, 3:44:33 AM11/18/08
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone attempted to get openvpn to work with puppets certificates?

I am thinking that it should work without to much fuss.

My current openvpn implementation uses the following certificates and
beside these are what i think would be the appropriate puppet ones.

openvpn server:
ca /etc/openvpn/ca.crt -> /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem
cert /etc/openvpn/fqdn.crt -> /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/fqdn.pem
key /etc/openvpn/fqdn.key -> /var/lib/puppet/ssl/private_keys/fqdn.pem
tls-auth /etc/openvpn/ta.key 0 -> no equivalent ( use openssl to generate )

openvpn client:
ca /etc/openvpn/ca.crt -> /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem
cert /etc/openvpn/fqdn.crt -> /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/fqdn.pem
key /etc/openvpn/fqdn.key -> /var/lib/puppet/ssl/private_keys/fqdn.pem
tls-auth /etc/openvpn/ta.key 1 -> no equivalent ( use the one generated
on the server )

I am going to give this a try later but would like to know if anyone has
any thoughts on it.

Ben

James Turnbull

Nov 18, 2008, 3:52:35 AM11/18/08