he application Settings(process com.android.settintgs) has stopped unexpectedly.

Bhushan

Mar 6, 2010, 1:08:29 PM3/6/10
to Pune-GTUG
Android sdk 2.1 supports Bluetooth but we are unable to enable
Bluetooth in emulator.
while running "Bluetooth chat application" given in sample code .

It throws following error :
"The application Settings(process com.android.settintgs) has stopped
unexpectedly."

And even in SDK DOC its given that Bluetooth not supported by
emulator.

Emulator Limitations

In this release, the limitations of the emulator include:

* No support for placing or receiving actual phone calls. You can
simulate phone calls (placed and received) through the emulator
console, however.
* No support for USB connections
* No support for camera/video capture (input).
* No support for device-attached headphones
* No support for determining connected state
* No support for determining battery charge level and AC charging
state
* No support for determining SD card insert/eject
* No support for Bluetooth

Plz reply us how to enable blutooth in emulator

Earlence Fernandes

Mar 6, 2010, 10:27:01 PM3/6/10
to pune...@googlegroups.com
If its given in the official documentation that u there is NO bluetooth emulation, how do u expect to "enable" it on the emulator?

--
Visit our Blog at http://pune-gtug.blogspot.com for discussions, articles and videos.
Disclaimer - Please note Pune-GTUG is an independent group and opinions mentioned here are of individuals alone and in no way related to "Google", the corporation.

Earlence Fernandes

Mar 6, 2010, 10:36:42 PM3/6/10
to pune...@googlegroups.com
However, myself and a friend were thinking for developing an emulation module for BT in the emulator itself as Android emulators are QEMU based.
For now, you may have to test your apps on real devices.

Cheers,
Earlence

MaheshSharma

Mar 20, 2010, 12:36:45 AM3/20/10
to Pune-GTUG
Late but anyways.

Yes. you can do bluetooth emulation with Android emulator too. But not
in a clean way.

I have implemented it but only for linux. There is no good way of
implementing host-passthrough on windows :-(

What is kind of app you want to test? I have a real phone too in case
you want to test.