Socialize Service "Add Twitter Account" not working - giving 500 server error for 3 days

Roger Peterson

Jul 6, 2010, 5:42:52 AM7/6/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
I created a new Feedburner feed over the weekend. For this feed I've
been unable to add my Twitter account for several days now. It's
obviously more than a temporary problem.

Similarly, the integration of my Facebook account to my Twitter page
via Facebook-to-Twitter isn't working either, even though it's showing
up as active on both Facebook and Twitter.

Is this presently a known problem with Google/Feedburner server? Or
is there something I need to do to try to get it fixed?

Renee M

Jul 6, 2010, 11:04:28 AM7/6/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
I also haven't been able to add my Twitter account to feedburner for
several days. I am waiting on it to do a giveaway and it's really
killing me right now!

Roger Peterson

Jul 7, 2010, 7:45:39 AM7/7/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
It would be nice to know if this is a server problem affecting
everyone, or whether it is specific to certain users. I checked here:
http://feedburnerstatus.blogspot.com/ and don't see any mention of the
problem currently, though there was one back in May.
> > is there something I need to do to try to get it fixed?- Hide quoted text -

Colégio Metropolitano

Jul 7, 2010, 10:01:33 PM7/7/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
? HELP GOOGLE

On 7 jul, 08:45, Roger Peterson wrote:
> Seria bom saber se este é um problema no servidor que afectamtodos, ou se ele é específico para determinados usuários.Eu verifiquei aqui:http://feedburnerstatus.blogspot.com/e não vê qualquer menção àproblema no momento, embora houvesse uma volta em maio.
>
> Em 06 de julho, 11:04, Renee M escreveu:
>

> > Eu também não têm sido capazes de juntar a minha conta no Twitter para feedburner para> Vários dias.Estou esperando que ele faça uma doação e é realmente> Me matando agora mesmo!
>
> > Em 06 de julho, 04:42, Roger Peterson escreveu:
>
> >> Eu criei um novo feed Feedburner no fim de semana.Para isso eu feed>> Não conseguiu adicionar a minha conta no Twitter para vários dias.É>> Obviamente mais do que um problema temporário.
>
> >> Da mesma forma, a integração da minha conta para a minha página Facebook Twitter>> Via Facebook, Twitter, para não está funcionando também, mesmo que ele está mostrando>> Até como ativo em ambos Facebook e Twitter.
>
> >> É este, actualmente, um problema conhecido com o servidor do Google Feedburner /?Ou>> Existe algo que eu preciso fazer para tentar consertá-lo? - Ocultar texto entre aspas -
>
> > - Mostrar texto citado -

tazz

Jul 8, 2010, 4:23:16 AM7/8/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Same problem here.

When I click the "Add a Twitter account" button in FeedBurner's
Socialize service configuration page,
I get a new browser tab with a page title "500 Server Error"
with the page text:

"Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your
request.
Please try again in 30 seconds."

Ongoing for 3 days.
I've tried several times per day.
Fails in both FireFox 3.6 and Chrome (latest version) on Mac.
Have tried resetting the browser in case it was some weird
authentication issue.

On Jul 8, 12:01 pm, Colégio Metropolitano wrote:
> ? HELP GOOGLE
>
> On 7 jul, 08:45, Roger Peterson wrote:
>

> > Seria bom saber se este é um problema no servidor que afectamtodos, ou se ele é específico para determinados usuários.Eu verifiquei aqui:http://feedburnerstatus.blogspot.com/enão vê qualquer menção àproblema no momento, embora houvesse uma volta em maio.

religionvirus

Jul 8, 2010, 9:59:43 AM7/8/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
This is still going on! What is this now, five days that the server
has been broken? I just started a huge Twitter campaign and now I
can't link my blog to twitter!

Is anyone working on it? Has anyone heard anything?

Craig

juliang

Jul 8, 2010, 11:33:07 AM7/8/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Yes, I have the same problem. Google!!? Noticed a few typos in the
docs, so looks like it may not be, being maintained that well...

You guys know of any alternatives?

LaaLaa Monroe

Jul 9, 2010, 4:45:22 AM7/9/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
I've had the same issue.
But this morning I managed to get it to work, try it again!
*FINGERS CROSSED*

http://dolcevanity.com
http://twitter.com/laalaamonroe

Dan Rodney

Jul 9, 2010, 9:39:27 AM7/9/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Please see the status blog update posted yesterday night:

http://feedburnerstatus.blogspot.com/2010/07/fix-applied-for-setting-up-socialize.html

There was a bug that was causing this problem, but it has now been
fixed. So now if you see any errors happen, it's because Twitter is
being flaky, and trying again should eventually work.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Dan Rodney
FeedBurner

On Jul 9, 3:45 am, LaaLaa Monroe wrote:
> I've had the same issue.
> But this morning I managed to get it to work, try it again!
> *FINGERS CROSSED*
>
> http://dolcevanity.comhttp://twitter.com/laalaamonroe

Nicholas Knisely

Aug 12, 2010, 11:28:30 AM8/12/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Um.. This is not fixed as of this week (Aug 9th) for me. I'm still
seeing the issues with a redirect to a server not working page.

On Jul 9, 6:39 am, Dan Rodney wrote:
> Please see the status blog update posted yesterday night:
>
> http://feedburnerstatus.blogspot.com/2010/07/fix-applied-for-setting-...

Ryan Bjorn

Aug 17, 2010, 7:00:31 PM8/17/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
I'm having the same issue. FeedBurner has not sent any of my blog
entries to the linked Twitter account since July 31st. When trying to
troubleshoot/reset by adding a new Twitter account, I receive the
message:

"Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your
request.
Please try again in 30 seconds. "

This is insanely frustrating.

Denny Rachmat Mustofa

Jul 10, 2014, 10:10:49 AM7/10/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Same problem!
Come on Google!

Please fix it ASAP.

Ed Koon

Jul 23, 2014, 1:54:42 PM7/23/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Yep.. Same here.

I'm getting a 404 page not found error. It might have something to do with Twitters recent update.

Other accounts are properly posting to Twitter. Just cant enable service on a new domain i set up.

Maybe one of these days it will get fixed..

Ed

Jeffrey Chekuse

Aug 13, 2014, 6:17:32 PM8/13/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
well  i hope the information you will get here ww.guruslinkis.com helps