[prism] How to give constant rate transitions in ctmc?

Akhilesh Ladha

May 24, 2010, 12:35:59 AM5/24/10
to PRISM model checker
Hi,
I have such a ctmc where one of the rate is constant.
I guess if i am using a variable to set the transition it by default
takes exponential distribution for that.
But I want to put it as constant. How can I do this?

Regards,
Akhilesh.

Dave Parker

May 24, 2010, 10:02:02 AM5/24/10
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akhilesh,

I'm guessing that you want to model a time delay whose distribution is
deterministic, rather than exponential. If so, see this entry in the
PRISM FAQ:

http://www.prismmodelchecker.org/manual/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/PRISMModelling#det_delay

Dave.

Akhilesh Ladha

May 24, 2010, 10:55:34 AM5/24/10
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Thanx.
This is what I exactly want.

But I could not understand how value of k becomes deterministic.
--
LadhaAkhilesh

Dave Parker

May 24, 2010, 12:09:23 PM5/24/10
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
k does not "become deterministic". For (increasingly) large values of k,
this becomes a good approximation of a deterministic delay of length "mean".

Dave.

> Thanx.
> This is what I exactly want.
>
> But I could not understand how value of *k* becomes deterministic.
>
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Dave Parker
> <david....@comlab.ox.ac.uk <mailto:david....@comlab.ox.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
> Hi Akhilesh,
>
> I'm guessing that you want to model a time delay whose distribution
> is deterministic, rather than exponential. If so, see this entry in
> the PRISM FAQ:
>
> http://www.prismmodelchecker.org/manual/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/PRISMModelling#det_delay
>
> Dave.
>

> Hi,
> I have such a ctmc where one of the rate is constant.
> I guess if i am using a variable to set the transition it by
> default
> takes exponential distribution for that.
> But I want to put it as constant. How can I do this?
>
> Regards,
> Akhilesh.

Akhilesh Ladha

May 25, 2010, 3:50:40 AM5/25/10