Passed the PMP Exam today 27-July-2011.

tarekahf

Jul 27, 2011, 7:25:04 PM7/27/11
to PMP Cert Online Study Group
I passed the PMP Exam Today 27-July-2011 5:30pm.

I would like to share my experience during this journey.

For my Study, I used:
- PM PrepCast as my main study material. This is the BEST thing I have
done to prepare for my PMP Exam.
- Took a lot of hand-notes about 200 pages while using PM PrepCast.
Writing what I understand helped me a lot. Also, this step helped me
improve my hand-writing and note-taking skills, since I almost lost
them due to using the computer almost for everything.
- PMBok guide which I was able to read thoroughly only the first 3
chapters. During work, being engaged with family…etc., it was nearly
impossible for me to read PMBok Guide and understand. I guess everyone
knows why.
- Internet Search: Google. Find more about concepts which are not
provided in PMBok.
- Google Bookmarks and Google Docs: To keep a record of important
concepts, other resources, and Huge Sample PMP Exams Questions I found
in PDF files. This helped me locate related concepts quickly every
time I want to remember or recall anything or find related questions/
answers. When I search for any PMP Related concept, Google does a
great job locating related information, based on my record.
- Google Group "PMP Cert Online Study Group ": was truly if a great
value discussing with others any ideas not clear, exchanging ideas,
and solving questions.
- Sample Simulated Exams total 6 with 1200 questions. See details
below.
- What I should have used for my study also: Rita PMP Exam Prep. You
must get this book.
- Time spent for Study: From June-2011, 4 weeks during work with 1-2
hours per day and 4 weeks during my annual vacation in Cardiff, UK,
with 6-8 hour per day.

After I completed PM PrepCast, 13 days before my PMP Exam day:
- Memorized the Brain Dump Sheet: Page 43 of PMBok, 15 EVM Formulas,
Sigma values, Cost Estimates, and Network Diagram Box (ES, EF, LS, LF,
Float). The Brain Dump Sheet was useful, and I used only 60% of this
sheet during the exam, and I referred to it a few times. I reviewed
this sheet on every morning.
- Did a complete and quick review for ITTOs from PMBok.
- Took Head First Free Exam. I scored 78%. I found a few mistakes in
the justifications of the answers and decided not to complete the
review.
- Purchased PMStudy.com Exams 1-4. They worth every penny. Stop! Read
the last sentence again. I completed the 4 exams (70%, 76%, 72%, 73%)
in 9 days. After each exam, I spent about 12-15 hours reviewing the
incorrect answers reading from PMBok and looking for info via Internet
Search. This step gave me a great push forward, especially Google
Bookmarks and Google Docs. The justifications and answers of
PMStudy.com exams were very useful and most of them referred me to
PMBok.
- The fact that I used the PM PrepCast, then the PMBok became very
easy to digest. I was reading and flying with the book. I can say, I
covered at least 60% of PMBok during my review of the incorrect
answers.
- Took SimpliLearn Free Exam and scored 66% just the day before the
PMP Exam. I reviewed only the incorrect answers quickly in 5 hours
same like before. SimpliLearn exam was really difficult and it helped
me cover those areas which I missed during my study. The vast majority
of the answers/justifications referred to external sources (very few
referred to PMBok), and it seemed to me that the answers are based on
the personal view of the persons who prepared the questions. But, they
were really helpful.
- I didn't go for PM Exam Simulator because no much recommendation for
them, though they seem very good and fully featured.
- I didn’t go for RMC Fastrack, because they are expensive.
On the day of the Exam:
- Verified the address one day before.
- Went to the Exam Center 2 hours ahead of time.
- Followed all the great tips from PM PrepCast. I prepared a check
list and implemented it before going to the Exam.
- I reviewed the Brain Dump Sheet.
- I kept a manual record of marked questions and classified them as
High/Medium/Low. I marked about 40 questions. The questions marked
High, it means I MUST check them if I have time.
- Completed the exam in 233 minutes without any break. I was able to
review only 2 questions marked “High” and corrected them. Then I ended
the exam.
- I cannot say that the exam was difficult. I faced some tough
questions though. As a matter of fact, SimliLearn exam made me feel
nervous, while the in the real exam, I was confortable.

I passed the PMP Exam with 3 areas Proficient, and 3 areas Moderately
Proficient.

Special Thanks:

"ALL GRATITUDE IS DUE to GOD"

Finally, I want to, first of all, thank my wife for her great support.
Without her support, it would have been nearly impossible for me to be
a PMP. Also, great and warm thanks for my mother and all other family
members for their support. And of course, thanks Cornelius for PM
PrepCast, and everyone in this Google Group who shared his experience
and helped me clarifying PMP Concepts.

I hope this will help you pass your PMP Exam also, and I wish you all
the best of luck.

With my great regards to all…

Tarek AHF., PMP

setty sree

Jul 27, 2011, 8:30:13 PM7/27/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Congrats...

 It is a known fact that you will surely pass .We used to have one question atleast daily from your end. We need your learnings to be continued  to the group.

It is a good learning that we had.

Thanks & Regards,
Sreelatha ITIL®,PMP®

Bolzi

Jul 27, 2011, 9:55:33 PM7/27/11
to PMP Cert Online Study Group

Congratulation Tarek!

Vidhi

Jul 27, 2011, 10:26:29 PM7/27/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations.....

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:55 AM, tarekahf <tare...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

Thanks & Regards,
Vidhi

Stacey McKay

Jul 27, 2011, 11:50:17 PM7/27/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Tarek,
Which PM Study did you buy? Was it the $60.00 I am looking on the pmstudy
website according to your statement " PMStudy.com Exams 1-4"
Help is greatly appreciated

I passed the PMP Exam Today 27-July-2011 5:30pm.

I would like to share my experience during this journey.

For my Study, I used:
- PM PrepCast as my main study material. This is the BEST thing I have
done to prepare for my PMP Exam.
- Took a lot of hand-notes about 200 pages while using PM PrepCast.
Writing what I understand helped me a lot. Also, this step helped me
improve my hand-writing and note-taking skills, since I almost lost
them due to using the computer almost for everything.
- PMBok guide which I was able to read thoroughly only the first 3

chapters. During work, being engaged with family.etc., it was nearly

Special Thanks:

With my great regards to all.

Stacey McKay

Jul 27, 2011, 11:50:30 PM7/27/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely CONGRATS

Santhosh Kumar

Jul 27, 2011, 11:52:12 PM7/27/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tarek,

Cngratulations !

Regards
Santhosh

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Bolzi <lpe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Congratulation Tarek!

Fahad Ahmed, PMP

Jul 28, 2011, 12:40:15 AM7/28/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Heartiest Congratulations on this huge achievement.Welcome to the club :)

regards,

Fahad Ahmed, PMP

The richest person is not who owns the most, but who needs the least.

tarekahf

Jul 28, 2011, 5:41:12 AM7/28/11
to PMP Cert Online Study Group
Hi Stacey,

I purchased PMStudy Exams no. 1 to 4 price 60US$ for 12 days (one
package which has Exam no.1 for free).

Tarek.

Vikrant Singh

Jul 28, 2011, 6:24:08 AM7/28/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
I hope you can opt QAI Question bank in the same cost. It will provide you 5 set of questions that contains 1000 questions

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Sid-Gmail

Jul 28, 2011, 6:41:50 AM7/28/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com, PMP Cert Online Study Group
Congrats Tarek !!!

Sent from Sid's iPhone

She

Jul 28, 2011, 8:01:34 AM7/28/11
to PMP Cert Online Study Group

This is fabulous. As one of our very active participants, I hope you
continue to visit and help those of us as we work to achieve the same
result in the coming months. Your lessons learned and posts have
been a true inspiration. One of my plan tasks is too determine which
simulated tests to take and one of my methods of selection are to
refer to lesssons learned by those who have already completed the
journey. So thanks as I was considering the sane options as you have
undertaken. And with the use of the prep cast as well was having a
hard time ruling out the simulator. You'll be an excellent project
manager as you do take charge and are proactive. Again nice job.

Nirmal

Jul 28, 2011, 9:38:19 AM7/28/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Is page 43 from PMBOK referred to "Mapping of the Project Management Processes to the Project Management
Process Groups and the Knowledge Areas" ?

I don't have 4th edition book so wanted to confirm.
Thanks

Stacey McKay

Jul 28, 2011, 9:47:46 AM7/28/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
THANKS:-)

Erkan Gulec

Jul 28, 2011, 10:55:05 AM7/28/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com, PMP Cert Online Study Group
1000 Congratulations Dear Tarek! Enjoy, celebrate. Then start accumulating the PDU's. Warm regards, Erkan Gulec

Sent from my iPad

Jawed Khan

Jul 28, 2011, 12:21:11 PM7/28/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tarek,

Congrates!

please be connected with the group specially for PMP aspirants.

Rgd, Jawed, PMP

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:55 AM, tarekahf <tare...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

Thanks and regards
Jawed Khan, ITIL®,PMP®
Network Techlab India Pvt Ltd.
TEAM:Together Everyone Achieves More
Skype: jawed.khan87

tarekahf

Jul 28, 2011, 1:18:35 PM7/28/11
to PMP Cert Online Study Group
Hi Nirmal,

Yes. I also found this PDF to help you memorize Page 43... but I
cannot remember where I found it:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B97clwYte2SHZjE1MTRiOGMtNmRmOS00OWMwLTg4YjAtY2RmNWRiNzU0ZWEw&hl=en_GB

Hope it will be of help.

Tarek

Michlovitz, Michelle

Aug 1, 2011, 11:24:47 AM8/1/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've been a silent observer of this group for the last few months and I'm excited to tell everyone that I finally passed the test this past weekend. This group has been great and instrumental in my accomplishment. I'll post my lessons learned later, I want to share with everyone what worked for me and what didn't.

Thanks, again for the opportunity to join and be a part of this group.

Michelle R. Michlovitz
Crystal River 3 - Major Projects
352-563-2943 ext 4092
352-464-4307 cell
352-563-4856 fax

Aug 1, 2011, 12:18:10 PM8/1/11
to PMP Cert Online Study Group
Hi Tarek,
Congrats:)
I am also planningto buy PMP Precast bcoz I dont find time to study
and going to work and coming back(travelling ) takes lot of time so
want to know if it is really helpful . Also I dont need PMPrecast for
35 contact hrs as I have already cleared PMP Crendentials hence want
to know if it is really worth to invest only as study material. It
would be really help ful if you could answer my query thanks:).
-Sagar

Jesmen Khan

Aug 1, 2011, 1:31:21 PM8/1/11
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tarek,

Millions of congrates!!!

My name is Jesmen and I am from Bangladesh.  I came to know from your previous mails that you worked hard and at last you got the result. I am planning to sit for the exam for last 6 months. I am trying to grave the PMBOK at first but it is so boring. After reading 10 mins I feel boring. From your LL, I got a lot important clues. I think it will help me.

I will expect your valuable advice and suggestions in the future if I need. Thanks for your valuable lessons learned. I wish every success in your life.

Best regards,
Jesmen

stacey....@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2011, 9:40:24 PM8/1/11