Annouce

Nicolas Martignole

Nov 16, 2010, 7:18:21 PM11/16/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi players

This evening at Devoxx, Martin Odersky the Scala project leader
announced that they're working on Scails, a Rails like Web project
that is written in Scala and is... Play! Framework.
In fact, they choose Play! Framework as their Web framework,
and they will work close with Play Framework contributor.
So this is a strong signal that Scala+Play=> a very good choice.

Remember, tomorrow evening is the Play Framework event
at 07:00 pm near the Metropolis. If you're around, come and
have a drink with us.

Nicolas Martignole

si

Nov 17, 2010, 1:57:28 AM11/17/10
to play-framework
Thnaks but, I couldn't understand exactly, do they writing a scala
module for play like play-scala or writing a new web framework by
forking play ?
And can you give us some more info ?

Marcus Downing

Nov 17, 2010, 5:34:20 AM11/17/10
to play-framework
Is this a joke? Or what? Please give us a link or something to go on.

On Nov 17, 12:18 am, Nicolas Martignole <nico...@martignole.net>

femto Zheng

Nov 17, 2010, 5:41:22 AM11/17/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we all want to know more.
Even play is more java alike,
because constrained by many java grammar/syntax,
I mean, can something more ruby/rails alike?

http://hi.baidu.com/femto

sas

Nov 17, 2010, 5:59:19 AM11/17/10
to play-framework
mmmm

very confusing news indeed

it would be great, but why calling it differently? is it a complete
scala rewrite (not just a scala module) of play?

please, provide a link,,,

saludos

sas

On 17 nov, 07:41, femto Zheng <femto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, we all want to know more.
> Even play is more java alike,
> because constrained by many java grammar/syntax,
> I mean, can something more ruby/rails alike?
>
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Marcus Downing <marcus.down...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Is this a joke? Or what? Please give us a link or something to go on.
>
> > On Nov 17, 12:18 am, Nicolas Martignole <nico...@martignole.net>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi players
>
> > > This evening at Devoxx, Martin Odersky the Scala project leader
> > > announced that they're working on Scails, a Rails like Web project
> > > that is written in Scala and is... Play! Framework.
> > > In fact, they choose Play! Framework as their Web framework,
> > > and they will work close with Play Framework contributor.
> > > So this is a strong signal that Scala+Play=> a very good choice.
>
> > > Remember, tomorrow evening is the Play Framework event
> > > at 07:00 pm near the Metropolis. If you're around, come and
> > > have a drink with us.
>
> > > Nicolas Martignole
>
> > --
> > .

Matteo Barbieri

Nov 17, 2010, 6:15:55 AM11/17/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Alexander Reelsen

sas

Nov 17, 2010, 6:17:25 AM11/17/10
to play-framework
seems like it was just a joke...

http://twitter.com/#search?q=scails%20odersky

odersky
Somehow our #devoxx BOF caused wild rumors. "Scails" i.e. Scala on
rails was a joke, nothing else.

Nicolas Martignole

Nov 17, 2010, 10:23:44 AM11/17/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Apologizes for this rumor, I sent this email from a tweet without
double-checking with the original author. It was a joke, not
a real framework.

What is sure is that Martin Odersky has a strong interest
for Play! Framework.
I believe we will see more interest from the Scala community
to Play Framework in the few coming months, this is my personal
opinion :-)

Nicolas