japid template engine for play2

冉兵

Mar 27, 2012, 11:32:05 AM3/27/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I have spent some time playing with Play2 and come up with a thing that mostly works.

You can grab it here and read the readme for building it: https://github.com/branaway/japid42

The single most noticeable thing about this port is that changing the template file in whatever way will take effect instantly. It comes with its own class loader and does not participate the sbt process.  I think the isolation is very good. Most Japid-1 syntax and features are supported.

As I said before, I don't have much time working on this. So new feature requests may take a while to get taken care of. Bug reports are welcome.

Bing

Drew Hamlett

Mar 27, 2012, 1:19:21 PM3/27/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  I was actually just looking at japid to see if I could port it over to Play 2.

sas

Mar 28, 2012, 9:06:11 PM3/28/12
to play-framework
Excellent news, bing, congrats!!!

by the way, has the scala delay with hotreload been solved with this
version of japid???

I'll see if I can give it a try!

saludos

sas

冉兵

Mar 28, 2012, 9:10:47 PM3/28/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I think so, since it manages everything itself, Play2 knows nothing about its existence. Changing and reloading always comes back in a blink, just like using Velocity/Freemarker.

Andy

Mar 28, 2012, 9:42:53 PM3/28/12
to play-framework
Great news!