Rails 3.0beta4, Devise 1.1.rc2 and right_aws incompatibility

andrea

Jul 17, 2010, 4:38:09 PM7/17/10
to Devise
Hello,
I am trying to use both devise and right_aws in a new rails 3.0
project.
It seems devise and right_aws don't work well together as, after
adding right_aws to a working devise app when trying to access the
default sign_in, sign_up, or sign_out resources I get the error
ActionController::RoutingError (wrong constant name Devise/
sessionsController). Is this a know issue? I don't know if this
depends on devise or right_aws as I haven't investigated yet but the
lower cased sessionsController makes me think it's some kind of
right_aws monkey patching with unexpected side effects.

Regards
Andrea

andrea

Jul 17, 2010, 5:06:52 PM7/17/10
to Devise
It's definitely a right_aws issue. right_aws/lib/awsbase/support.rb
defines a String#camelize method that is not compatible with the rails
one.

José Valim

Jul 18, 2010, 4:07:55 AM7/18/10
to plataforma...@googlegroups.com
Woah, these defining an incompatible String#camelize is evil. :)
--
José Valim

Director of Engineering - Plataforma Tecnologia
Know more about us: http://plataformatec.com.br/en/

Peter Vandenberk

Nov 1, 2010, 9:34:50 AM11/1/10
to andrea, plataforma...@googlegroups.com
FWIW: this has been reported on github...

http://github.com/rightscale/right_aws/issues#issue/28

... and a "Rails 3" compatible version of right_aws can be checked out
from mikel's forked repository.

Hopefully the right_aws guys will accept his pull request before too
long ;-)

Peter