All logins fail with RC2

ericindc

Jul 1, 2010, 5:48:19 PM7/1/10
to Devise
I am running the latest RC, can successfully register a user, but
trying to then login in with that user fails continuously with the
"Invalid email or password" message. I've verified my password
several times (I just set it to "password" for testing) but each
attempt fails. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am trying to
track down the problem, but any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

José Valim

Jul 1, 2010, 5:50:08 PM7/1/10
to plataforma...@googlegroups.com
Do you see any warning? Devise started to use bcrypt from RC2, but it should warn you that you are not using the proper encryptor.
--
José Valim

Director of Engineering - Plataforma Tecnologia
Know more about us: http://plataformatec.com.br/en/

ericindc

Jul 1, 2010, 5:51:34 PM7/1/10
to Devise
No, I don't see any warnings. Also, the following works...

ruby-1.8.7-p249 > Student.last.valid_password?('password')
=> true

On Jul 1, 5:50 pm, José Valim <jose.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you see any warning? Devise started to use bcrypt from RC2, but it should
> warn you that you are not using the proper encryptor.

José Valim

Jul 1, 2010, 5:54:19 PM7/1/10
to plataforma...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea then. Try to reproduce/isolate in a smaller app?

ericindc

Jul 1, 2010, 5:54:45 PM7/1/10
to Devise
This is a new install, so I've only used RC2 and all existing accounts
should be based off of BCrypt. So it makes sense that I'm not getting
any warnings.

ericindc

Jul 1, 2010, 5:59:04 PM7/1/10
to Devise
I also notice that I have the trackable module enabled, but
failed_attempts is still 0 despite numerous failed logins. Hrm...

Jakob Skjerning

Jul 16, 2010, 7:41:26 AM7/16/10
to Devise
eric, did you ever figure out why this is happening - or perhaps even
better - a solution?

I seem to be running into the exact same issue on a brand new Rails 3
beta 4 app, also using RC2.

José Valim

Jul 16, 2010, 7:49:43 AM7/16/10
to plataforma...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone isolate this in a Rails application? It works just fine here.
Please also try Devise master with Rails master, this may have been fixed.

Jakob Skjerning

Jul 16, 2010, 8:14:06 AM7/16/10
to Devise
Nevermind me, turns out _someone_ had set

config.params_authenticatable = false

So no wonder it didn't work. My apologies for the noise.