Apache2 stop at 00:00 with turnover of syslog

1 view

Kivanio

Apr 23, 2008, 8:25:10 AM4/23/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
hi,

congratulations for the great Phusion.
i'm using since fisrt day, in 2 servers and 10 apps.

all works fine until turnover of logs.

i was using global logs in apache2,
i think this was problem, then, i remove global logs, and set log each
app.

don't work too, the apache2 stop work on turnover.

i did check my syslog conf and all work fine except with Apache2 +
Phusion

SO: FreeBSD 6.3

Do you know why?
Do you see other problems similar to it?

PS: sorry for bad english.

Kivanio.

Johnny Poker

Apr 23, 2008, 12:52:14 PM4/23/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I'm encoutering a problem with this as well. It seems that graceful
restarts of apache are not
reliable since I've installed Passenger. They sometimes work and other
times apache just seems to hang.

I'm running on FreeBSD 6.2 using apache 2.2.6

- cheers
John

Kivanio Barbosa

Apr 23, 2008, 1:36:32 PM4/23/08
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

my problem is the same,  sometimes work, few times, but the problem happend a lot.

the apache graceful don't work.

if i try use apache gracefull sometimes,
for example 10 times, 8 don't work and i have to kill apache manually, 2 works fine.

if i remove Phusion, all work fine.

i guess the problem happend when apache try to restart Phusion process.
--
Kivanio Pereira Barbosa
Cel 8121-4248

www.eiqconsultoria.com.br

Hongli Lai

Apr 23, 2008, 4:27:08 PM4/23/08
Kivanio Barbosa wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> my problem is the same, sometimes work, few times, but the problem
> happend a lot.
>
> the apache graceful don't work.
>
> if i try use apache gracefull sometimes,
> for example 10 times, 8 don't work and i have to kill apache manually, 2
> works fine.
>
> if i remove Phusion, all work fine.
>
> i guess the problem happend when apache try to restart Phusion process.

We've been receiving similar reports. Do the failures occur randomly, or
is there a reliable way to reproduce them?

--
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)

Kivanio Barbosa

Apr 23, 2008, 4:52:11 PM4/23/08
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hongli Lai,

thanks for your attention.

The apache2 always stop all night since i install Phusion.

The example "8 not working and 2 working" happend when i use script of apache2 to restart manually.

But is just example.

if i run "./apache2 graceful" or "./apache2 restart" manually then the failures occur randomly, only in this case.

In production apache2 always stop on turnover.

I guess the syslog try restart apache2 after rotate log, then It broke apache2. Similiar to manual process.

But i observe apache2 dont stop completly, just stop all request, just freeze.

I think apache2 don't achieve stop Phusion and then freeze, but i don't know really what happen.

How can i help you? can i test anything to you?

I don't have logs, because just freeze and don't show errors in logs.

PS: sorry for my bad english

We've been receiving similar reports. Do the failures occur randomly, or
is there a reliable way to reproduce them?

--
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail
: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)

Hongli Lai

Apr 23, 2008, 5:00:47 PM4/23/08
Kivanio Barbosa wrote:
> How can i help you? can i test anything to you?

Please report a bug at the bug tracker so that this issue doesn't get
lost between all the mail.