Conflicts with SSL?

gw

May 26, 2008, 7:48:45 PM5/26/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Have a long-time and thoroughly debugged app running under
mongrel_cluster. Switched to mod_rails. Mostly everything seems to
work, except now, a certain set of pages fails with an error of

ActionView::TemplateError (SSL not supported) on line #......

where there is an https GET call being made.

I've never seen this fail before (in an app that's been working for
over a year), and literally nothing else has changed except the change
to mod_rails.

Are there any known issues with mod_rails and SSL ??

-- gw

gw

May 26, 2008, 8:39:41 PM5/26/08
On May 26, 4:48 pm, gw <g...@railsdev.ws> wrote:
> Have a long-time and thoroughly debugged app running under
> mongrel_cluster. Switched to mod_rails. Mostly everything seems to
> work, except now, a certain set of pages fails with an error of
>
>     ActionView::TemplateError (SSL not supported) on line #......
>
> where there is an https GET call being made.

I have confirmed that if I go back to mongrel, my app works as
expected.

So, somewhere there's a bug here.

Not sure how I can help find it -- source code is sensitive and
interfaces to an external web service with private access, etc.
Contact me offlist I guess, and I'll do what I can to help narrow it
down. It's not an app I wrote, so that'll slow me down in being able
to narrow it down as well.

-- gw

gw

Jun 4, 2008, 3:23:06 AM6/4/08
On May 26, 5:39 pm, gw <g...@railsdev.ws> wrote:
> On May 26, 4:48 pm, gw <g...@railsdev.ws> wrote:
>
> > Have a long-time and thoroughly debugged app running under
> > mongrel_cluster. Switched to mod_rails. Mostly everything seems to
> > work, except now, a certain set of pages fails with an error of
>
> >     ActionView::TemplateError (SSLnot supported) on line #......
>
> > where there is an https GET call being made.
>
> I have confirmed that if I go back to mongrel, my app works as
> expected.
>
> So, somewhere there's a bug here.
>
> Not sure how I can help find it -- source code is sensitive and
> interfaces to an external web service with private access, etc.
> Contact me offlist I guess, and I'll do what I can to help narrow it
> down. It's not an app I wrote, so that'll slow me down in being able
> to narrow it down as well.

This one doesn't tickle anyone's interest?

-- gw