Disabling internal apache requests with Mod Rewrite

sambo99

Jan 16, 2009, 5:15:25 PM1/16/09
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Apologies if this is a double post, I tried to post this a couple of
days ago with no success

Would anyone here know of a way to disable the internal apache hits in
conjunction with passenger, according to the doco it is not
recommended to use mod rewrite cause it conflicts, is there another
way?

See this post for full details:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/442289/why-is-passenger-hitting-my-index-page-so-aggressively

Lee Hambley

Jan 16, 2009, 7:56:05 PM1/16/09
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
We use passenger and mod rewrite together with no problem... the ::1 is an internal connection - as it says, it is how your apache/mongrel setup would have worked.

You should find that the "hits" on this page aren't real requests.

- Lee

sambo99

Jan 16, 2009, 11:32:15 PM1/16/09
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Im getting these requests direct from an :around_filter in my
application controller. The are hitting it about 5000 times a day.

Could this have anything to do with the fact I deleted the .htaccess
file in my public dir (I did this cause my app was not working
properly)

On Jan 17, 11:56 am, Lee Hambley <lee.hamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We use passenger and mod rewrite together with no problem... the ::1 is an
> internal connection - as it says, it is how your apache/mongrel setup would
> have worked.
> You should find that the "hits" on this page aren't real requests.
>
> - Lee
>
> 2009/1/16 sambo99 <sam.saff...@gmail.com>
>

> > Apologies if this is a double post, I tried to post this a couple of
> > days ago with no success
>
> > Would anyone here know of a way to disable the internal apache hits in
> > conjunction with passenger, according to the doco it is not
> > recommended to use mod rewrite cause it conflicts, is there another
> > way?
>
> > See this post for full details:
>
> >http://stackoverflow.com/questions/442289/why-is-passenger-hitting-my...

sambo99

Jan 18, 2009, 5:22:17 PM1/18/09
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
These 3 lines in my apache conf solve the issue

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^.*internal\ dummy\ connection.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [F,L]

But I wonder, why is it that I have to add them ?