Installation of working phraseanet system

Jonas Marozas

Jul 21, 2011, 6:36:23 AM7/21/11
to phrasea-install-en
Hello, everyone.

As it seems to be very little information on installation sequences
resulting in correctly working phraseanet DAM, I suggest starting this
thread to share personal experiences in achieving this goal.

I also believe, that piece of software not long ago costing 7500 EUR
SHOULD have got user and administration manuals. Unfortunately I am
unable to find them. Therefore most of work is done blindly and/or by
common sense. Sometimes it gets very frustrating, so I call upon all
the admins, users and simply friends (including phraseanet development
and support) of the PHRASEANET DAM to share their experiences about
this great software.
Please prove me wrong sharing admin and user manuals which I am still
very much looking for.

I hope I can still provide some useful insights by posting this guide
on installing phraseanet 3.1.17 on ubuntu server 11.04 x86.

And sorry if it will be for many of you already well known, but
finding so little information on the subject on the net I assume it
still may prove useful to someone out there.

Primary sequence for installing
PHRASEANET 3.1.17
on Ubuntu server 11.04 (x86)
(possibly also works for x64)

1. Install server. During installation select ssh and lamp.

2. apt-get update.

3. apt-get install mc ssh apache2 php5 libxml2-dev libgv-php5 php5-
curl libmysqlclient-dev libexpat-dev php-config php5-dev uuid-dev xpdf
libfreetype6-dev libungif4.dev unoconv libjpeg-dev xulrunner-1.9.2-dev
libopenjpeg-dev libmad0-dev libfaad-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev
libtheora-dev liba52-0.7.4-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev
libavutil-dev libswscale-dev libxv-dev x11proto-video-dev libgl1-mesa-
dev x11proto-gl-dev linux-sound-base libxvidcore-dev libwxbase2.8-dev
libwxgtk2.8-dev wx2.8-headers libssl-dev libjack-dev libasound2-dev
libpulse-dev libsdl1.2-dev dvb-apps mercurial autoconf2.13 libfaad-dev
liba52-dev libmad0-dev libxvmc-dev libxv-dev libgd2-xpm-dev php5-gd

wget http://www.swftools.org/swftools-0.9.1.tar.gz
./configure
make
make install

Installs to /usr/local/bin

4. a2enmod rewrite, restart apache2 (service apache2 restart)

5. wget https://download.github.com/alchemy-fr-Phraseanet-3.1.17-0-g7137b63.tar.gz
tar -xvf alchemy-fr-Phraseanet-3.1.17-0-g7137b63.tar.gz
Copy to /var/www
chmod -R 777 phraseanet_src

6. Compile /var/www/phraseanet_src/bin/src/php_phrasea2
./configure
make
make test
make install

7. Compile /var/www/phraseanet/bin/src/phraseanet_indexer
aclocal
automake -a
autoconf
./configure
make
make install

8. Compile FFMPEG according to:

9. Compile GPAC
sudo apt-get install subversion
Modify the file /etc/ld.so.conf (you must be in the sudoers list), to
help GPAC find Mozilla JavaScript dynamic library, by adding the line:
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.2.17/
sudo ldconfig
cd to gpac
./configure
make
make install

10. If PHRASEANET unpacked to /var/www/phraseanet_src, then file /etc/
apache2/sites-enabled/000-default content has to look like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName “SERVERNAME”
ServerAdmin a...@server.com

DocumentRoot "/var/www/phraseanet_src/www"

<Directory "/var/www/phraseanet_src/www">
DirectoryIndex index.php
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

#publish thumbnail content
Alias /web /var/www/phraseanet_src/datas/web

ErrorLog /var/log/phraseanet_error_log
CustomLog /var/log/phrseanet_access_log combined
LogLevel warn
</VirtualHost>

11. Check for missing config items with:

/usr/bin/php5 /var/www/phraseanet_src/bin/config-check.exe.php

12. Make phrasea2 extension load:

cd /etc/php5/conf.d
nano phrasea.ini
Input extension=phrasea2.so, save file

Checking again with (11) confirms, that phrase extension is loading OK

13. service apache2 restart

14. Connect with browser to start installation. Note wkat is still
missing: memcached and xcache

apt-get install php5-xcache
service apache2 restart

apt-get install php5-memcached
service apache2 restart

OK!!!

15. Still need IMAGEMAGICK…

apt-get install libghc6-bzlib-dev libautotrace-dev fftw-dev
libjbig2dec-dev liblzma-dev lzma-dev

wget ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/ImageMagick.tar.gz
tar xvfz ImageMagick.tar.gz
./configure
make
make install

Installs to /usr/local/bin/

==> Second step of the setup OK

16. Once got to admin console, start scheduler

17. Go to DASHBOARD to see possible following errors: no memcached
server linked, binaries paths not set, several apache mods not loaded.

18. Still need MPLAYER

ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/all-20110131.tar.bz2
Follow instructions at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1024592

19. In SETUP section set corresponding binaries path (/usr/
bin/"binaryname" or /usr/local/bin/"binaryname")

20. Get and install missing apache modules

21. apt-get install php5-memcached, libmemcached5 and memcached
(binary)
Enable memcached server and address in setup.

Restart apache

After that everything looks OK

22. Experiment with different file types (set extensions in
corresponding place in setup (Data Storage part)

That’s all, folks. Have fun.

May have missed something, but mostly everything works fine.

ISSUES:

In Lightbox – selecting audio file does not play in main window, but
plays ok hovering the preview sign (looking glass)

Test Team

Dec 17, 2014, 2:27:53 AM12/17/14
to phrasea-i...@googlegroups.com
how to install Phraseanet on windows system? please give a brief note?

Jonas Marozas

Dec 18, 2014, 2:50:56 AM12/18/14
to phrasea-i...@googlegroups.com
Hey, to be honest I did quite a long break on this. Also recently situation changed and I will be coming back building a new system again. Lots have changed with developer team doing a great job. I tried new system on a virtual machine downloaded from offsite. Got me excited once again. I am pleasantly surprised, that phraseanet DAM VM is being supplied to the public, and this is a good sign. Unfortunately I still miss a good install manual - one with step-by-step instructions with screenshots. Not all of us are sysadmins or programmers.
Returning to your question, I never did phraseanet windows installation, so, seems, will not be able to help. Hope there are enough people out there with experience on this, and willing to share their experience.
Good luck.

Test Team

Dec 30, 2014, 11:59:03 PM12/30/14
to phrasea-i...@googlegroups.com
thank you for your reply. i am using linux system to successfully install the phraseanet. can you please help me, how to integrate magento with phraseanet and display all products from magento in phraseanet?