Install PHP-JSON on win32

xlogic

Mar 22, 2006, 5:11:44 PM3/22/06
to php-json
Hi,

Can anyone give an help on installing php_json.dll in winXP ?? I'm
using php 5.1.2 and apache 2.0.55 ....

Tks in advance ;)
Ivo Benedito

Omar Kilani

Mar 23, 2006, 12:11:29 AM3/23/06
to php-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivo,

On 3/23/06, xlogic <ivobe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give an help on installing php_json.dll in winXP ?? I'm
> using php 5.1.2 and apache 2.0.55 ....

You should get the DLL for 5.1.2 here:

http://pecl4win.php.net/ext.php/php_json.dll

And put it in your PHP extension directory. Then add:

extension = json.dll

To your php.ini.

If all worked well, you should see json in your phpinfo().

> Tks in advance ;)
> Ivo Benedito

Regards,
Omar

xlogic

Mar 23, 2006, 6:56:38 AM3/23/06
to php-json
I had already tried that, but i wasn't being able to change my
extension_dir with success. At last, i did it :), it was some conflicts
with a prior version of php installed as a cgi binary ...

For those who want to install in win32, follow this simple steps :

1) use phpinfo() and see where your php.ini file and extension_dir are
located at ;
2) edit ur php.ini file and add this lines :
2.1) search for directive extension_dir and put the complete path you
want for your extensions to be located at (i.e. extension_dir =
"c:\php\ext"
2.2) search for the entry Dynamic Extensions and add the line telling
php to automatically load this module (i.e. extension=php_json.dll)
3) Save php.ini and DONT FORGET TO RESTART apache :) ... Check
phpinfo() and confirm u had success on installing this great extension
;) ..

P.S. -> Never forget to confirm ur version of php and download the
correct .dll !!

Ivo Bendito