Does Apple allow you to obfuscate the JavaScript?

Philipp Lenssen

Jul 27, 2010, 4:00:50 AM7/27/10
to phonegap
I'm creating a JavaScript-based iPad game using Phone... am I allowed
to use a JavaScript code compressor like Google's Closure Compiler
(http://closure-compiler.appspot.com/home), as it also obfuscates the
code as side-effect? I was figuring maybe Apple wants to have a look
at the original unobfuscated JavaScript so that I maybe am not allowed
to use anything that would make it harder to read...

Thanks for any help!

Philipp Lenssen

Jul 27, 2010, 4:14:01 AM7/27/10
to phonegap
> I'm creating a JavaScript-based iPad game using Phone...

(Sorry, make that: "... using PhoneGap".)

Jesse MacFadyen

Jul 27, 2010, 5:14:03 AM7/27/10
to Philipp Lenssen, phonegap
Obfuscate away! Your objc is unreadable, js can be too.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-07-27, at 1:14 AM, Philipp Lenssen <philipp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm creating a JavaScript-based iPad game using Phone...
>
> (Sorry, make that: "... using PhoneGap".)
>

> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Philipp Lenssen

Jul 27, 2010, 6:38:44 AM7/27/10
to phonegap
> Obfuscate away! Your objc is unreadable, js can be too.

Thanks for the info!
I suppose that includes that it's allowed to obfuscate-compress the
phonegap.js and rename it phonegap-compressed.js, right? (I figure it
can't hurt to keep file sizes small...)