Blackberry Webworks / Phonegap 1.4.1, load-device signing failed

Matt

Mar 5, 2012, 12:49:17 PM3/5/12
to phonegap
I've followed all the instructions at
http://wiki.phonegap.com/w/page/31930982/Getting%20Started%20with%20PhoneGap%20BlackBerry%20WebWorks
carefully, got my keys, and am trying to perform ant blackberry load-
device. The app builds and runs on the emulator no problem. The
signature tool that came with the SDK crashes after signing two items,
so following the advice here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Signature-Tool-freezes-during-signing/td-p/1315631

I replaced SignatureTool.jar with a newer version which successfully
completes the signing process (as far as that window is concerned).
But upon returning to the command prompt, the Ant script says [ERROR]
Signing Failed. There is no explanation of why. I tried changing the
version number in config.xml as I read somewhere that that has to be
incremented for each signing. But it didn't help. Full output is
below... I would be grateful for any pointers - have exhausted
Google.

C:\resources\phonegap\lib\blackberry\sample>ant blackberry load-device
Buildfile: C:\resources\phonegap\lib\blackberry\sample\build.xml

blackberry:

load-device:

generate-cod-name:
[echo] Generated name: PhoneGapSample.cod

clean:

package-app:
[mkdir] Created dir: C:\resources\phonegap\lib\blackberry\sample
\build\widget
[copy] Copying 9 files to C:\resources\phonegap\lib\blackberry
\sample\build\widget
[zip] Building zip: C:\resources\phonegap\lib\blackberry\sample
\build\PhoneGapSample.zip

load-device:
[exec] [INFO] Parsing command line options
[exec] [INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties
[exec] [INFO] Validating application archive
[exec] [INFO] Parsing config.xml
[exec] [WARNING] Failed to find the <author>
element
[exec] [INFO] Populating application source
[exec] [INFO] Compiling BlackBerry WebWorks
applicatio
[exec] [INFO] Starting signing tool
[exec] [ERROR] Signing failed

Matt

Mar 5, 2012, 3:54:15 PM3/5/12
to phonegap
Finally solved this: instead of using the replacement signature tool,
I wanted to use the original one, so installed the Java 1.6 JDK. At
first that didn't help (still crashed), but then I discovered that was
because the bbwp.properties file contains a line:
<java>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_30</java>

Which I guess gets set from the environment variable but not updated
later(?) Anyway, changing this to 1.6 (as above) instead of the 1.7
path allowed the old signature tool to work and signing did not fail.

Perhaps someone can modify the
http://wiki.phonegap.com/w/page/31930982/Getting%20Started%20with%20PhoneGap%20BlackBerry%20WebWorks
page to indicate that its safest to use Java SE 6, not 7. Right now it
says 1.6 or higher.

On 5 Mrz., 18:49, Matt <matt.fuller...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've followed all the instructions athttp://wiki.phonegap.com/w/page/31930982/Getting%20Started%20with%20P...
> carefully, got my keys, and am trying to perform ant blackberry load-
> device. The app builds and runs on the emulator no problem. The
> signature tool that came with the SDK crashes after signing two items,
> so following the advice here:http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Signature-Too...

tbald

Oct 19, 2012, 4:31:58 PM10/19/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
thanks so much.  Your comments about the bbwp.properties file were the thing I was missing.  So I guess there are two changes that need to be made to the http://wiki.phonegap.com/w/page/31930982/Getting%20Started%20with%20PhoneGap%20BlackBerry%20WebWorks.  Thanks again.