phonegap android app crashing due to low memory on opening camera

ghostCoder

Jan 18, 2012, 6:44:21 AM1/18/12
to phonegap
im developing an android phonegap app using phonegap v1.3.0
my app has a button which when clicks launches the camera using the
phonegap api, when returns the photo path when the user captures the
image.
But whats happening is the app crashes before the camera returns, so
that when the camera returns, the app is restarted. So i dont get the
image which was captured.

On checking the logs i see that the kernal sends sigkill to my app
After the camera is launched, and my app dies.
a point to note is that when i kill all the running apps and then
start my app and take a picture it returns normally without the app
crashing. this is happening on a sony xperia neo device which is
running on android 2.3.4
This issue is similar to https://github.com/callback/phonegap/issues/5
Please tell me what could be going wrong?

Pedro Teixeira

Jan 18, 2012, 10:35:13 AM1/18/12
to phonegap
I have the exact same problem.