Storage, Symbian

Gerald Madlsperger

Jun 24, 2011, 2:33:23 AM6/24/11
to phonegap
Hi,

I'm developing a little app and read that Symbian isn't supported for
the use of the storage functions.
Is there a workaround to save data within a symbian phonegap
application?

thx, Gerald

manish kumar

Jun 24, 2011, 5:37:09 AM6/24/11
to phon...@googlegroups.com
You can use feature of HTML5 local storage.
Fo example - If u want to store User id into local storage then -  localStorage.userId = userId;

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

--
manish

Gerald Madlsperger

Jun 24, 2011, 5:54:44 AM6/24/11
to phonegap
Hey thx,
But is this solution also possible for a huge amount of data.
I'll work with a Webservice from which i get data but I don't want to
load
the whole stuff each time the programm restarts, so i need to save
about 1000-2000 data records.

On Jun 24, 11:37 am, manish kumar <ssmanish.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can use feature of HTML5 local storage.
> Fo example - If u want to store User id into local storage then -
> localStorage.userId = userId;
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Gerald Madlsperger

manish kumar

Jun 24, 2011, 6:47:06 AM6/24/11
to phon...@googlegroups.com
It  will not load data each time when ur app is restart. It store data in the local storage parmanently.

But for huge amount of data you can use SQLite that provide the facility of database and table in local storage.
For more details of SQLite go to the link given here  - www.digitaldogbyte.com/2011/05/12/using-sqlite-with-phonegap-0-9-5-webos
This link will realy help you

Gerald Madlsperger

Jun 24, 2011, 6:54:27 AM6/24/11
to phonegap
Sure, I tried with SQLite, but it won't work on Symbian.
Also at the phonegap website you can read that the Storage & the File
API aren't supported
for symbian devices.
So I'm looking for a workaround but can't find anything.

On Jun 24, 12:47 pm, manish kumar <ssmanish.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It  will not load data each time when ur app is restart. It store data in
> the local storage parmanently.
>
> But for huge amount of data you can use SQLite that provide the facility of
> database and table in local storage.
> For more details of SQLite go to the link given here  -www.digitaldogbyte.com/2011/05/12/using-sqlite-with-phonegap-0-9-5-webos
> This link will realy help you

Gerald Madlsperger

Jun 27, 2011, 4:14:52 AM6/27/11
to phonegap
the local Storage is only able to store String data right?

Is it possible with phonegap for symbian to save a huge amount of data
which can also contain pictures and so on?

thx, Gerald

Reza Lesmana

Jun 27, 2011, 4:34:44 AM6/27/11
to phon...@googlegroups.com