phonegap 0.9.3 onReceivedError: Error code=-6 Description=The connection to the server was unsuccessful. URL=file:///android_asset/www/index.html

dinesh

Jan 22, 2011, 9:06:26 AM1/22/11
to phonegap, dinesh...@gmail.com
Hi

previously i am using phonegap 0.9.2 in my applicaion, if i use
phonegap 0.9.3 instead of phonegap 0.9.2 i got the error

onReceivedError: Error code=-6 Description=The connection to the
server was unsuccessful. URL=file:///android_asset/www/index.html

and the app closely forcely.

how to solve this problem

Riceball

Feb 14, 2011, 3:16:57 AM2/14/11
to phonegap
The problem may be the mobile's network is too slow to get some url.
Try add this line to your code(src/com/phonegap/xxx.java):
super.setIntegerProperty("loadUrlTimeoutValue", 60000);

but I do not think It's not a good idea to stop the app when the url
timeout.

Robert Fletcher

Feb 14, 2011, 8:32:47 AM2/14/11
to phon...@googlegroups.com

u could also try to. make it your homepage doesnt require the inteenet to work. like if u connect to jquery via the internet instead wrap jquery with your app.

> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Bartek Garbiak

Jun 23, 2011, 5:36:41 AM6/23/11
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you've got path to phonegap js file set up correctly in your index.html (ie. phonegap.0.9.3.js instead of phonegap.0.9.2.js).