Calendar plugin following W3C calendar API

1 179 vues
Passer au premier message non lu

Juan Miguel Muñoz Rondán

non lue,
7 juill. 2011, 12 h 11 min 38 s2011-07-07
à phonegap,ser.mar...@gmail.com
Hello everybody!

I'm trying to implement using phoneGap a plugin in order to develop
all functionalities of W3C calendar API (Using google Gdata services
as calendar provider). Well the main issue I found is a little bit
hard to explain but let's try.

Everything is right with W3C calendar "find" method (the only
specified in the API) more or less idea is well explained at API but
with "Create" and "Update" operations things are not so clear.
Regarding the API sections :

7. API Invocation via DOM Events
A. Adding and Updating Calendar Events
A.1 Adding a new Calendar Event
A.2 Updating an existing Calendar Event

API suggest how to add and update calendar events, but it seems
strange the way they do it. You can find this sentence:

"To handle the saving of a new Calendar Event, a user agent should
register as the default handler for any valid Calendar resource."

Into "A" section and I think that means something like our phoneGap
plugin must be able to load any web resource with text/calendar MIME
Type (such as .ical, .icalendar...). It sounds bizarre even more
comparing with Contacts plugin already developed. I've been having a
look into the W3C Contacts API (quite similar to Calendar API) and
there I've found also the same sugestion I mentioned before. But
having a look at the Contacts plugin I didn't find anything related to
web resources with required MIME Type (text/vcard, text/directory, ...
or any other compatible .vcard file). So, I'm a little bit confused
because W3C Contacts API is suggesting one way to implement it and it
seems like PhoneGap Plugin is offering the solution in a different
way. Could anybody tell my why? Am I missing anything?

Thank's so much.

Juan Miguel Muñoz

Simon MacDonald

non lue,
8 juill. 2011, 10 h 34 min 05 s2011-07-08
à phon...@googlegroups.com
Hey Juan,

Good to see you are looking at tackling the Calendar API. That is
something we have on our roadmap post 1.0 release of PhoneGap. My
suggestion is for you to just look at implementing the find() command
that is in the current API. If Calendar is anything like Contacts
there will be a follow up spec released that does Calendar writing and
adds functions like create/save/remove.

Let me know what your github branch is and I'll see where I can help out.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

2011/7/7 Juan Miguel Muñoz Rondán <juan...@gmail.com>:

> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Juan Miguel Muñoz Rondán

non lue,
28 juill. 2011, 05 h 06 min 57 s2011-07-28
à phonegap
Hi Simon, sorry for taking so long in my answer.

As you has mentioned, I'm working on "find" method, because is the
only well-defined method in the interface, so I am working in order to
implement this one following the implementation of Contacts plugin as
guide.

Regarding the Github, the code is in a local git server (not Github)
that it belongs to one enterprise i'm working on, so i can't give you
access to the branch at this moment, but the idea is present this
solution to the PhoneGap community, maybe creating a new github branch
as you said when I get "find" method at least (and possibly any other
method as well) ready. If the solution likes the community, the work
we did could be continued with the PhoneGap comunity feedbacks.

Thank's for all and sorry again for being so late.

On 8 jul, 16:34, Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Juan,
>
> Good to see you are looking at tackling the Calendar API.  That is
> something we have on our roadmap post 1.0 release of PhoneGap.  My
> suggestion is for you to just look at implementing the find() command
> that is in the current API.  If Calendar is anything like Contacts
> there will be a follow up spec released that does Calendar writing and
> adds functions like create/save/remove.
>
> Let me know what your github branch is and I'll see where I can help out.
>
> Simon Mac Donaldhttp://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>
> 2011/7/7 Juan Miguel Muñoz Rondán <juanmi...@gmail.com>:

Simon MacDonald

non lue,
28 juill. 2011, 10 h 59 min 04 s2011-07-28
à phon...@googlegroups.com
No problem, looking forward to checking out your code once you feel it is ready.

Simon
--

Erik Bryn

non lue,
8 sept. 2011, 18 h 07 min 52 s2011-09-08
à phonegap
Any news on this work? I'd be interested in collaborating on a plugin
that gives access to the iPhone calendar API.

- Erik

On Jul 28, 7:59 am, Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No problem, looking forward to checking out your code once you feel it is
> ready.
>
> Simon
>
> On Thursday, July 28, 2011, Juan Miguel Muñoz Rondán <juanmi...@gmail.com>

Calgacus

non lue,
27 oct. 2011, 15 h 28 min 24 s2011-10-27
à phonegap
I to would be very interested in collaborating on a plugin that gives
access to the iPhone calendar API.
Any movement on this anywhere?

diana.cheng

non lue,
8 nov. 2011, 06 h 40 min 00 s2011-11-08
à phonegap,Sergio Martínez,juan...@gmail.com
Apologies if this gets as a duplicate, I tried posting a while ago but
it didn't seem to have worked.

I have placed Juan Miguel's and Sergio's project of a Calendar plugin
for Android in this repo: https://github.com/dcheng/PhoneGap-Calendar-Plugin.
It implements the W3C DAP Calendar API spec. I'm pretty sure they will
be very happy to receive some feedback on their project which they
undertook while staying with us at Vodafone Group R&D in Düsseldorf.

As of the time when the project was completed, the Android SDK didn't
provide any way to natively interact with the device's calendar. This
is now possible in the recently released Android 4.0. Therefore, the
project here implements access to the Google Calendar in the cloud of
the user account registered in the device. Nonetheless, the
architecture is extensible so adding support for direct access in 4.0
should not be a great deal.

Thanks,
Diana Cheng.

Répondre à tous