Standard Keyboard Layout List

Nasser Hajloo

Dec 7, 2009, 4:05:51 AM12/7/09
to Persian Computing
hi experts,

I am working on a project and need a list of Standard Keyboard Layout
for all country. I am looking for a list with below information (the
final list will available as a opensource xml document)

<xml>
<Standards>
<Item Country="Iran" StandardKeyboardLayout="ISIRI-9147"
StandardDate="2004/09" Producer="FarsiWebSharif" License="Public
Domain,GPL,LGPL" ProjectURL="http://sourceforge.net/projects/
farsitools/" Referer="YourName" RefererMail="YourMail" />
</Standards>

is there any document that represent these information ?
or can any one complete this document (connie, rouzbeh, behdad,
behnam, ehsan, and other experts)?

Regards

Roozbeh Pournader

Dec 7, 2009, 6:58:02 PM12/7/09
to Nasser Hajloo, Persian Computing
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Nasser Hajloo <n.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a project and need a list of Standard Keyboard Layout
> for all country.

All countries? That's a *huge* job. Only rich OS vendors (Apple,
Microsoft, etc), or rich-in-talent international free software
projects can really do that.

> <Item Country="Iran" StandardKeyboardLayout="ISIRI-9147"

The preferred spelling is "ISIRI 9147".

> Producer="FarsiWebSharif"

This is an ISIRI document. Sharif FarsiWeb provided some members of
editorial committee, but the document itself was approved in two
"national committee" sessions by a multitude of experts invited by
ISIRI (including some experts opposing parts of the document) not
named in the document. The first session resulted in some changes in
the standard, and it was the changed document that was approved as a
national standard.

Of course, FarsiWeb people provided the main design and most of the
ideas in the standard. But even then, people like Hooman Mehr, with no
official connection to FarsiWeb, also contributed to the document
(read "out of kindness").

> License="Public Domain,GPL,LGPL"

The license for ISIRI 9147 is just "gratis" (you are free to copy the
document without change, and you don't need to pay money), and it's
copyrighted by ISIRI. It's *not* a free document in FSF terms. You are
not allowed to change it, you don't get the source files, etc.

Roozbeh

Nasser Hajloo

Dec 8, 2009, 3:58:40 AM12/8/09
to Persian Computing
> All countries? That's a *huge* job. Only rich OS vendors (Apple,
> Microsoft, etc), or rich-in-talent international free software
> projects can really do that.

YEP All counties, I think it isn't really a hard work but a huge one,
I mean if a expert from a country add his own country informaion or
witch one that he knows, then this paper finalize ASAP.
so please if you know some standard (like USA, England,Canada or etc),
complete this document

thanks

> > Producer="FarsiWebSharif"
>
> This is an ISIRI document. Sharif FarsiWeb provided some members of
> editorial committee, but the document itself was approved in two
> "national committee" sessions by a multitude of experts invited by
> ISIRI (including some experts opposing parts of the document) not
> named in the document. The first session resulted in some changes in
> the standard, and it was the changed document that was approved as a
> national standard.
>
> Of course, FarsiWeb people provided the main design and most of the
> ideas in the standard. But even then, people like Hooman Mehr, with no
> official connection to FarsiWeb, also contributed to the document
> (read "out of kindness").

I thought ISIRI and farsiweb collaborate together to create this
layout and others just work for Farsiweb

So I'll Change the producer to ISIRI

> > License="Public Domain,GPL,LGPL"
>
> The license for ISIRI 9147 is just "gratis" (you are free to copy the
> document without change, and you don't need to pay money), and it's
> copyrighted by ISIRI. It's *not* a free document in FSF terms. You are
> not allowed to change it, you don't get the source files, etc.

in Project web site (http://sourceforge.net/projects/farsitools/)
Behdad and behnam titled the license as I mentioned so you mean that
they were wrong?
so they sould correct it.

Roozbeh Pournader

Dec 8, 2009, 4:25:12 AM12/8/09
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Nasser Hajloo <n.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in Project web site (http://sourceforge.net/projects/farsitools/)
> Behdad and behnam titled the license as I mentioned so you mean that
> they were wrong?
> so they sould correct it.

The information on that page is just a summary and does not apply to
all the contents. SourceForge does not allow more than a handful of
licenses on that page. See the actual document itself for the license.

Roozbeh