[perl #37770] Build warning in pbc_merge

Will Coleda

Nov 26, 2005, 3:39:53 PM11/26/05
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #37770]

src/pbc_merge.c
src/pbc_merge.c: In function 'pbc_merge_bytecode':
src/pbc_merge.c:219: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
src/pbc_merge.c: In function 'main':
src/pbc_merge.c:689: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer
target type

which is:
output_file = (char*) opt.opt_arg;

Will Coleda via RT

Jan 3, 2006, 3:05:13 PM1/3/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
This warning seems to have vanished: works fine with gcc 3.3 and 4.0 on OS X now.

> [coke - Sat Nov 26 12:39:52 2005]:

Chromatic

Jan 3, 2006, 5:04:05 PM1/3/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org, parrotbug...@parrotcode.org
On Tuesday 03 January 2006 12:05, Will Coleda via RT wrote:

> This warning seems to have vanished: works fine with gcc 3.3 and 4.0 on OS
> X now.

Leo fixed it in #10656. (I thought I accidentally checked it in with another
patch, but fortunately not.)

-- c

Leopold Toetsch

Jan 3, 2006, 5:51:48 PM1/3/06
to chromatic, perl6-i...@perl.org, parrotbug...@parrotcode.org

I accidentally checked it in with another patch, w/o further notice -
sorry ;)

leo