[perl #38139] Configure.pl no longer honors --optimize.

Andy Dougherty

Jan 3, 2006, 1:20:32 PM1/3/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Andy Dougherty
# Please include the string: [perl #38139]

The $optimize flag no longer shows up in the root Makefile anywhere.

Configure.pl --help advertises:

--optimize Optimized compile
--optimize=flags Add given optimizer flags

and config/init/defaults.pm further documents this as:

# A plain --optimize means use perl5's $Config{optimize}. If an
# argument is given, however, use that instead.

However, that doesn't work anymore. (I know it used to, because I
documented it that way when I implemented it.)

--
Andy Dougherty doug...@lafayette.edu

Joshua Hoblitt

Jan 3, 2006, 7:00:56 PM1/3/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
The handling of --optimize was begging to be cleanup already. This
should be fixed in r10876. Thanks for reporting.

-J