[perl #39921] [CAGE] generated by tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl

Will Coleda

Jul 24, 2006, 9:01:38 AM7/24/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #39921]

in r13493, a new MANIFEST was put in place that was generated by
tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl

This MANIFEST had a *lot* of churn; most of it seems to be due to re-
ordering!

The current MANIFEST (r13493) starts with:

RELEASE_INSTRUCTIONS []
DEPRECATED.pod []
VERSION []
CREDITS []
vtable.tbl [devel]

While the old manifest (r13492) starts with:

ABI_CHANGES []
ChangeLog []
Configure.pl []
CREDITS []
DEPRECATED.pod []
DEVELOPING []
MANIFEST []

Looking at the code, it seems that the order in the manifest is being
driven by "File::Find". So it's not a surprise that we get churn
depending on who is running the tool.

This list should be collated in some predictable fashion to avoid
this svn-churn, and to make the file easier to read/update by hand
when necessary.

Regards.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda