[perl #39850] [TODO] [CAGE] lack Parrot::Config confusing....

Will Coleda

Jul 16, 2006, 1:06:46 PM7/16/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #39850]

To de-confuse and cut back on one of the most common recent FAQs:

1) Create a stub module of the same name and check it into svn. When
used, the module should:

a) check to see if Parrot::Config::Generated exists. If so, this
module should act as a proxy for that object.
b) If not, die with a helpful error message, like, "Unavailable
until parrot is configured."

2) Change the build process to generate Parrot::Configure::Generated
instead of Parrot::Config
3) Change the clean process to remove Parrot::Configure::Generated
instead of Parrot::Config

For extra points, the cage cleaner will quietly not install the proxy
class, and instead install the generated config as Parrot::Config.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
wi...@coleda.com

Will Coleda via RT

Jul 30, 2006, 10:31:50 AM7/30/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Thanks, applied as r13647!

minor modification: makefile deps changed to be on Config/Generated.pm instead of just
Config/

Regards.