[perl #39931] [TODO] integrate svn and rt

Jerry Gay

Jul 24, 2006, 7:21:12 PM7/24/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Jerry Gay
# Please include the string: [perl #39931]

svn commits with an appropriate marker denoting the ticket # (eg.
[perl #39924]) should automatically update the rt ticket. if possible,
the ticket should also be opened if it's not already, and should be
assigned to the committer as a result of the commit.

~jerry

Will Coleda

Jul 24, 2006, 7:54:36 PM7/24/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org, bugs-bi...@netlabs.develooper.com
Nifty. few questions.

On Jul 24, 2006, at 7:21 PM, Jerry Gay (via RT) wrote:

> # New Ticket Created by Jerry Gay
> # Please include the string: [perl #39931]
>

> svn commits with an appropriate marker denoting the ticket # (eg.
> [perl #39924]) should automatically update the rt ticket.

Question: Can we not use 'perl#', but perhaps rt# or bug# (or just #)?

What if we specify a ticket number that doesn't exist, or is isn't in
the parrot queue, or is rejected, or...

> if possible,
> the ticket should also be opened if it's not already,

If a new ticket is created, how would we get the ticket number? Would
the commit message be automatically updated with the right ticket
number? And what syntax would we use, [perl #new]?

> and should be
> assigned to the committer as a result of the commit.

is there a one-to-one correspondence between the svn and rt userids?

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
wi...@coleda.com