[CAGE] Request for header file renaming

Luca Regini

Jul 26, 2006, 11:24:24 AM7/26/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Is it possible to rename the
../include/parrot/string.h file in something else like
../include/parrot/parrot_string.h ? I see only 2
dependencies for this file in parrot.h and register.h
so this shouldn't be a big issue. I am asking this
because the string.h collides with the file of the
same name found in the standard C library and this
collision causes some issues with SPLINT. SPLINT
processes headers differently if they have the same
name of some Standard C header. Renaming
parrot/string.h would simplify considerably setting up
a useful SPLINT target.
Thanks,
Luca

Andy Lester

Jul 26, 2006, 11:31:18 AM7/26/06
to luca regini, perl6-i...@perl.org
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 05:24:24PM +0200, luca regini (lucar...@yahoo.it) wrote:
> name of some Standard C header. Renaming
> parrot/string.h would simplify considerably setting up
> a useful SPLINT target.

Thanks for starting the splint target, luca. I doubt there would be any
problem, but I'll wait to hear from others before making a change.

--
Andy Lester => an...@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Jerry Gay

Jul 26, 2006, 11:31:21 AM7/26/06
On 7/26/06, luca regini <lucar...@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Is it possible to rename the
> ../include/parrot/string.h file in something else like
> ../include/parrot/parrot_string.h ? I see only 2
> dependencies for this file in parrot.h and register.h
> so this shouldn't be a big issue. I am asking this
> because the string.h collides with the file of the
> same name found in the standard C library and this
> collision causes some issues with SPLINT. SPLINT
> processes headers differently if they have the same
> name of some Standard C header. Renaming
> parrot/string.h would simplify considerably setting up
> a useful SPLINT target.
> Thanks,
> Luca

sure, it's possible. could you submit a patch that you made sure
allows parrot to compile and pass the test suite?
~jerry

nap...@spiderfish.net

Jul 26, 2006, 11:38:51 AM7/26/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Also Splint halts when "malloc-trace.c" is processed, since it
includes "malloc-trace.h" which does not exist anywhere in the trunk.

On another note, as anyone played with Rats or Flawfinder?

Regards,
João