Welcome to parrot-porters

Chip Salzenberg

Jul 1, 2006, 11:16:04 AM7/1/06
to parrot-...@perl.org
Since Parrot's mission is far bigger (and, in some ways, far smaller :-))
than Perl 6, and I like the idea that the project advertise itself
truthfully, so as not to turn away those who aren't interested in Perl: at
my request Robert has set up the alias

parrot-...@perl.org -> perl6-i...@perl.org

as a first step that will eventually lead to the list itself being renamed.
The old p6i address will always work too.

Share & Enjoy!
--
Chip Salzenberg <ch...@pobox.com>

Chip Salzenberg

Jul 1, 2006, 11:41:13 AM7/1/06
to parrot-...@perl.org
Here at the tail end of the Hackathon, Patrick suggests that while p6i is no
longer descriptive, it does have the advantage of abbreviating to a nify
token (i.e. "p6i"). So what, he asks, should be the abbreviation for
parrot-porters?

Seems to me that common usage will settle out for itself -- there are things
too small even for a detail maven like myself to dictate. So it's obviously
a sign of detailitis gone awry for me to mention "p^2", or refer to the more
pedestrian "p-p" as a safer alternative. Boy, I'm glad I don't concern
myself with such minutiae.

PS: Yes I really am coding this morning too. :-P
--
Chip Salzenberg <ch...@pobox.com>