Portable dirfd() (was Re: [perl #39261] stat() doesn't work on dirhandles)

Chromatic

Jul 3, 2006, 3:22:15 PM7/3/06
to Steve Peters, perl6-i...@perl.org
On Monday 03 July 2006 11:43, Steve Peters via RT wrote:

(from p5p)

> OK, with change #28473, I just added the capabilities to a stat() or -X
> filetests for systems with the dirfd() libc call available. There are
> two additional steps that need to be done. First, Perl_pp_stat and
> Perl_my_stat() have a lot of similar code when doing fstat()'s. Much of
> the common code should be refactored out. Second, developing an
> internal dirfd() for operating systems that need it should be done so
> this functionality is more portable. Also, adding a few extra tests
> wouldn't hurt either.

I touched Parrot's File PMC the other day; could it use something like this?

-- c

Steve Peters

Jul 3, 2006, 5:33:55 PM7/3/06
to chromatic, perl6-i...@perl.org

Probably. I have a couple of other configuration tasks I need to get
finished for Parrot, so, I'll add a portable dirfd() implementation to
the pile.

Steve Peters
st...@fisharerojo.org