[perl #40316] [NEW] opcodes not tested script

Fonseka @ Gmail . Com

Sep 10, 2006, 8:24:31 PM9/10/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by fon...@gmail.com
# Please include the string: [perl #40316]

Hi there

Based on a leo's conversation on the IRC (it's all in the script docs) I
built a script that outputs the opcodes not used (tested?) on test code

This can be usefull to 100% opcode test coverage :)

Right now, only 7% of the opcodes are not used in real test code

Any hints or sugestions to the code are welcome

Have a good day,
root

--
Will work for bandwidth

MANIFEST.patch
ops_not_tested.pl.patch

fon...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2006, 4:39:07 PM9/12/06
to parrotbug...@parrotcode.org
On 9/12/06, Leopold Toetsch via RT <parrotbug...@parrotcode.org>
wrote:

> Thanks, applied - r14594.
>
> * moved to tools/dev directory
> * be sure to 'make testr' before looking at script results *but*

do you have any hint on how to get this?

* disassemble did hang here during that - I killed it after it
> accumulate 1.7 GB of memory.

on my x86_64 it simple segfaults *a lot* when disassembling all @pmcs

* there might be some disassemble bug lurking somewhere, which doesn't

Leopold Toetsch via RT