[perl #39933] [BUG] compreg-related bus error

Will Coleda

Jul 24, 2006, 8:20:19 PM7/24/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #39933]

In an effort to construct a test case for something else, I got this
to bus error:

.sub main :main
$S0 = <<"END_PIR"
.constant int foo = 1
END_PIR
$P0 = compreg 'PIR'
$P0($S0)
.end

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
wi...@coleda.com

Leopold Toetsch

Jul 24, 2006, 9:54:03 PM7/24/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Am Dienstag, 25. Juli 2006 02:20 schrieb Will Coleda:
> In an effort to construct a test case for something else, I got this
> to bus error:
>
> .sub main :main
>    $S0 = <<"END_PIR"
>    .constant int foo = 1
> END_PIR
>    $P0 = compreg 'PIR'
>    $P0($S0)
> .end

Well, that's a syntax error[1], and it fails for the same reason, why the eval
test, I've put it, is failing: the compilation returns a NULL result, which
get's unchecked and uncaught.

Please consolidate ticket numbers (#39892)

leo

[1]
.constant vs. .const syntax:
see docs/imcc/syntax.pod:

Define a named constant of style type and value const.

and docs/imcc/macros.pod

Yes, that needs syntax cleanup & merging too.