[perl #39196] [TODO] tests - need to test addmethod

Klaas-Jan Stol via RT

Feb 21, 2007, 8:47:31 AM2/21/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Wed May 24 05:26:22 2006, coke wrote:
> New addmethod opcode needs tests.
>
> --
> Will "Coke" Coleda
> wi...@coleda.com

Attached a patch that adds a test for "addmethod".

It adds a method in the same (root) namespace, and also a method in a
different namespace.

I couldn't really think of other testcases. If anybody has any ideas,
I'm willing to write the tests.

regards,
klaas-jan

addmethodtest.patch

James Keenan via RT

Jan 11, 2008, 4:25:22 PM1/11/08
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Wed Feb 21 05:47:29 2007, kjs wrote:
> On Wed May 24 05:26:22 2006, coke wrote:
> > New addmethod opcode needs tests.
> >
> > --
> > Will "Coke" Coleda
> > wi...@coleda.com
> >

> Attached a patch that adds a test for "addmethod".

Coke: Did this patch DWYM?

Will Coleda via RT

Jan 20, 2008, 11:50:24 PM1/20/08
to perl6-i...@perl.org

Patch no longer applies cleanly; kjs, can you rebase?

James Keenan via RT

Mar 17, 2008, 8:00:45 PM3/17/08
to perl6-i...@perl.org
I re-examined this patch tonight, cleaned it up a bit, and corrected two
spelling errors in test messages (s/verfiy/verify/g). The file passes
all tests on both Linux and Darwin.

I'll apply the patch attached after the release if no one objects.

Thank you very much.
kid51

addmethod.patch.txt

James Keenan via RT

Mar 19, 2008, 7:25:34 PM3/19/08
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Re-tested and committed to trunk in r26500.

kid51

James Keenan via RT

Mar 19, 2008, 8:12:44 PM3/19/08
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Coke: Can you estimate whether this meets your request in the OP? Thanks.