[svn ci] .Net to PIR translator

Jonathan Worthington

Jun 10, 2006, 11:13:46 AM6/10/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hi,

I just checked in the work I've been doing on tranlating .Net assemblies to
PIR. It's in languages/dotnet if you want to have a play with it. The docs
folder contains various bits of documentation on building it and loads on
the internals which should be mostly up to date, and of course there's The
Write-up[1]. Note that, at the moment, to run the regression tests you'll
need to have the Mono project's C# compiler, since the test cases are
written in C# then compiled to a .Net assembly. However, there is no
dependency at all on Mono to build and run the translator itself.

I'll ci a TODO list in the next day or so - there's much left to do yet and
any help will be welcome. While a lot of the ground work is done, there is
still a good bit to be achieved before it can run real world .Net
applications, or more usefully let you use real .Net libraries from Parrot
programs.

Have fun,

Jonathan

[1] http://www.jwcs.net/~jonathan/papers/2006-cam-net2pir-dissertation.pdf