Perl 6 compiler docs released - graffle questions, compiler questions

George Wood

Jul 5, 2006, 1:26:07 AM7/5/06
to perl6-c...@perl.org, sa...@mac.com
Audrey, Allison, and Patrick:

I am writing to enlist your help with the most recent documents that I have had the good fortune to have Audrey review this evening.

I have released the latest version back to the pugs/docs/perl6_compilation/perl6_compilation.pdf file to complement the pugs/docs/perl6_compilation.graffle file. The jpg and html linked files are a few hours older but were somewhat obsoleted when Audrey did the updates in the current file on the last page - so see the PDF for that.

If anyone, Audrey?, knows of a way to automate the export of the JPG and HTML files that set up the image maps I would be grateful - I could then put the export in a script/makefile of some kind to split the graffle file into user readable docs. It takes me about 20 minutes to release the docs by hand now.

Here are some probably for Audrey...

1. Page on Perl 6 on Haskell - Is runtime Specific AST actually the file Language.TH.Sytnax?

2. I am still trying to distinguish these
Perl 6 on Perl 6
Perl 6 on Parrot

Do they both emit pmc files?

For everyone:

3. Do all of the emitted files on all of the diagrams match their intended types?

4. Do you like the over all presentation?

Does it need more organization structure up front - I was thinking of a graphical table of contents that was linked into each page - do you have some project logos that I could use?

5. Should the documents be cross listed/linked in parrot tree?

Please feel free to edit/correct at will, and send me a note as to what needed work. I can work off a jpg or png emailed just as well as a set of comments.

George

Audrey Tang

Jul 6, 2006, 1:01:57 AM7/6/06
to George Wood, perl6-c...@perl.org

在 2006/7/5 上午 1:26 時,George Wood 寫到:

> Here are some probably for Audrey...
> 1. Page on Perl 6 on Haskell - Is runtime Specific AST actually
> the file Language.TH.Sytnax?

Well, no, it's probably best to call it Pugs.AST, and link to src/
Pugs/AST.hs.

> 2. I am still trying to distinguish these
> Perl 6 on Perl 6
> Perl 6 on Parrot
> Do they both emit pmc files?

Perl 6 on Parrot will emit .pir files.

Perl 6 on Perl 6 will emit .p6 files, but currently no such
implementations exist, as it's still a few milestones away from now. :-)

Thanks!
Audrey

PGP.sig