Death of the 7th Earl of Dunraven & Mount Earl

Michael Rhodes

Mar 28, 2011, 1:03:04 AM3/28/11
to peerag...@googlegroups.com

DUNRAVEN

The 7th Earl of Dunraven and Mount Earl.— Thady Windham Thomas Wyndham Quin. Died peacefully at home on Friday 25th March 2011. Much beloved husband to Geraldine and cherished and amazing father to Ana. Courageous brother to Melissa and Caroline. Special father-in-law to Duncan and brother-in-law to Tyrone, Niam, Evanna, Peter and the late Sir George Brooke. Much loved uncle, great-uncle and cousin. So sadly missed by his family, extended family and by so many friends. Reposing at his home, Kilgobbin on Monday 28th March from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Tuesday 29th March from 11 a.m. to 4p.m. Funeral on Wednesday 30th March at 12 noon at St Nicholas Church, Adare, Co Limerick. House Private. Flowers welcome or donations to The Irish Wheelchair Association and Limerick Animal Welfare. Enquiries to Christopher Thompson, Funeral Directors, Thomas Street, Limerick. Requiescat in Pace.

Daily Telegraph announcements

Richard W

Mar 28, 2011, 2:26:07 AM3/28/11
to Peerage News
The last of his line. Another hereditary peerage goes.

Very sad.

Richard W.

marquess

Mar 28, 2011, 5:41:18 AM3/28/11
to Peerage News
Yes and a nice sounding title too, Dunraven and Mount Earl, but it has
long been on the list of no hope peerages, Kitchener delights me each
time a new copy of Debretts comes out and it is still extant and long
may that be so. It would be nice if H.M made new creations for
existing hereditary peers who have no male heirs, with a remainder
similar to the Lucus barony that is tied up with the lordship of
Dingwell.

Jonathan

Mar 28, 2011, 8:43:29 PM3/28/11
to Peerage News

On Mar 28, 10:41 am, marquess <marquessmarqu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes and a nice sounding title too, Dunraven and Mount Earl, but it has

An earldom with "Earl" in the title. We are almost in the territory of
"Lord Lord" here. Are there any other examples?

Peter FitzGerald

Mar 29, 2011, 3:40:08 AM3/29/11
to Peerage News
On Mar 29, 1:43 am, Jonathan <jra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> An earldom with "Earl" in the title. We are almost in the territory of
> "Lord Lord" here. Are there any other examples?

The Earldom was created for the 1st Viscount Mount Earl. I suspect the
"Dunraven" was added to avoid the oddity of him being simply "Earl of
Mount Earl".

Michael Rhodes

Apr 4, 2011, 2:04:37 AM4/4/11
to peerag...@googlegroups.com
The Earl of Woolton is a Marquis    :---)

bx...@yahoo.com

Apr 4, 2011, 3:33:01 PM4/4/11
to Peerage News
... and Baron Merrivale is a Duke!

Brooke

On Apr 4, 2:04 am, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Turenne

Apr 4, 2011, 4:18:07 PM4/4/11
to Peerage News

On 4 Apr, 20:33, "b...@yahoo.com" <b...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ... and Baron Merrivale is a Duke!

...and The Earl of Kingston is a King....

RL

bx...@yahoo.com

Apr 6, 2011, 3:14:51 PM4/6/11
to Peerage News
This is the second earldom to become extinct in less than a year.

Halsbury was lost in 2010.

Brooke

Michael Rhodes

Apr 15, 2011, 4:09:35 AM4/15/11
to peerag...@googlegroups.com
The Earl of Dunraven & Mount Earl's Telegraph send off:-