Ipswich/Euston/Sladen engagement: Duke of Grafton's heir to wed

Michael Rhodes

Apr 15, 2010, 1:55:55 AM4/15/10
to Peerage News
_The engagement was announced 15 Apr 2010, between Henry Oliver
Charles (Harry) FitzRoy, styled Viscount Ipswich (b 6 Apr 1978), only
son of the late James Oliver Charles FitzRoy, styled Earl of Euston
(1947-2009), of Euston Hall, Thetford, by his wife the former Lady
Clare Amabel Margaret Kerr (b 1951), scion of the Marquesses of
Lothian, & Olivia Margaret M. Sladen (b 1978), dau of Mr Simon Sladen,
of Snowshill, Gloucestershire, by his wife, nee ____Delaney.

Harry Ipswich, who has yet to adopt the more senior courtesy title of
Earl of Euston, is heir app to his grandfather, the 11th Duke of
Grafton, KG

--==-

Michael Rhodes

Apr 15, 2010, 2:06:39 AM4/15/10
to Peerage News
The future duchess is, I think, the third dau of Mr & Mrs
Simon Sladen. Olivia has sisters Rachael (b 1974) and Fleur (b 1976)

On 15 Apr, 06:55, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

marquess

Apr 15, 2010, 2:45:29 AM4/15/10
to Peerage News
Perhaps he might adopt the higher rank upon the birth of an heir?
Congratulations to the happy couple!

On 14 Apr, 17:55, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Michael Rhodes

Apr 15, 2010, 3:33:34 AM4/15/10
to Peerage News
BLG is crawling with Sladens but I cannot spot a Simon.

marquess

Apr 15, 2010, 4:36:11 AM4/15/10
to Peerage News
I wonder if she might not be related to Elizabeth Sladen the famous
"Sarah Jane Smith"?

On 14 Apr, 19:33, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Shinjinee

Sep 1, 2016, 4:33:57 AM9/1/16
to Peerage News
Here is Olivia Sladen's ancestry; she is now the Duchess of Grafton, with one son and one daughter

http://heirsofeurope.blogspot.in/2010/06/grafton.html

Her great-grandfather Gerald Carew Sladen (d. 1930) married Mabel Orr-Ewing (1887-post 1944), granddaughter maternally of the 3rd Viscount Sidmouth
http://www.thepeerage.com/p44951.htm#i449505
Their son Edward Carew Sladen (1914-1944)
His marriage is not listed, but  his wife was later known as the interior designer Sue Priestley.  Simon Hogarth Sladen, their son (b. 1943) is also a designer (Simon Sladen Designs).  His wife - the Duchess's mother - died in 2012.

Shinjinee

pyvery

Sep 1, 2016, 8:18:21 AM9/1/16
to Peerage News
When was her daughter born and what is her name?

G. Willis

Sep 1, 2016, 8:42:37 AM9/1/16
to Peerage News
Apparently her name is Rosetta Christina Clare, born 20th July 2015.

Additional notes: based on available evidence I think the Duchess's second middle name is probably 'Milvain', but can't corroborate that; her mother's forenames were Jill Christina.