Dereferenceabilty of Music Ontology terms

Hogan, Aidan

Jan 9, 2011, 5:57:46 PM1/9/11
to Yves Raimond, fr...@fgiasson.com, pedant...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I've been wrong about dereferenceability issues in the past ;), but it
seems that there's a problem with some of the terms in the Music
Ontology in this regard?

For terms like mo:Composer, they seem to redirect fine in a browser, but
not so with "Accept: application/rdf+xml": after the initial 302 to
http://pingthesemanticweb.com/ontology/mo/musicontology.rdfs, a 406 is
returned [1].

For terms like mo:MusicArtist, dereferencing seems fine [2] (the
original redirect is to a different namespace).

Cheers,
Aidan

[1]

$ curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://purl.org/ontology/mo/Composer -L

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 22:48:19 GMT
Server: 1060 NetKernel v3.3 - Powered by Jetty
Location: http://pingthesemanticweb.com/ontology/mo/musicontology.rdfs

HTTP/1.1 406 Unacceptable
Server: Virtuoso/05.12.3041 (Solaris) x86_64-pc-solaris2.10-32 VDB
Connection: Keep-Alive
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 22:48:19 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Alternates: {"musicontology.rdfs" 1 {type application/octet-stream}
{charset ISO-8859-1} {length 141599}}

[2]

$ curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://purl.org/ontology/mo/MusicArtist -L

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 22:45:51 GMT
Server: 1060 NetKernel v3.3 - Powered by Jetty
Location: http://motools.sourceforge.net/mo/MusicArtist

HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
Server: nginx/0.7.63
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 22:45:52 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Location: http://motools.sourceforge.net/doc/musicontology.rdfs
Cache-Control: max-age=172800
Expires: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:45:52 GMT

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/0.7.63
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 22:45:52 GMT
Cache-Control: max-age=172800
Expires: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:45:52 GMT

Damian Steer

Jan 9, 2011, 7:08:03 PM1/9/11
to pedant...@googlegroups.com, Yves Raimond, fr...@fgiasson.com

On 9 Jan 2011, at 22:57, Hogan, Aidan wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've been wrong about dereferenceability issues in the past ;), but it
> seems that there's a problem with some of the terms in the Music
> Ontology in this regard?
>
> For terms like mo:Composer, they seem to redirect fine in a browser, but
> not so with "Accept: application/rdf+xml": after the initial 302 to
> http://pingthesemanticweb.com/ontology/mo/musicontology.rdfs, a 406 is
> returned [1].

It seems like it only responds to application/octet-stream (or wildcards).

Damian

Yves Raimond

Jan 10, 2011, 5:15:54 AM1/10/11
to Damian Steer, pedant...@googlegroups.com, fr...@fgiasson.com
Hello!

Looks like it might be due to a rogue Purl (which I thought was
removed) that overrides our domain - thanks for spotting that, I will
look into it!

Cheers,

Yves Raimond

Jan 10, 2011, 8:21:53 AM1/10/11
to Hogan, Aidan, fr...@fgiasson.com, pedant...@googlegroups.com
Arg - In fact, I don't have the rights to remove those rogue PURLs -
only Fred is allowed to. Fred, could you delete them? I suppose
there's not only Composer in there, but a few others - looking for
PURL registered by you and starting with /ontology/mo/ would do, I
think

Best,