Nearly last minute Django lunch

Adam Lowry

May 19, 2009, 1:22:47 AM5/19/09
to pdxdjango
Let's meet again and chat about Django and whatever else comes up.
Same place as last place -- near the awesome food carts at SW 10th &
SW Alder, then we'll meet and eat inside the Galleria, where there are
always empty tables. The entrance is on SW 10th Ave, next to the Made
in Oregon store. The mall has tables that are usually empty, so we
should have room (hopefully!). Feel free to bring a bag lunch instead,
as well.

Adam

yonkman

May 19, 2009, 1:50:59 AM5/19/09
to pdxdjango
What time, and what kind of funny hats are we supposed to wear?

Adam Lowry

May 19, 2009, 1:59:24 AM5/19/09
to pdxd...@googlegroups.com

12:30 is a good time. I don't own a funny hat to my knowledge, but
others might disagree. Look for the nerds, and if you need help
recognizing nerds, here's me:
http://twitter.com/account/profile_image/robotadam?hreflang=en

Here's the event on Calagator, for sharing:
http://calagator.org/events/1250457218

Igal Koshevoy

May 19, 2009, 7:35:42 AM5/19/09
to pdxd...@googlegroups.com
Adam: Thanks for the reminder and for creating the Calagator event.

Yonkman: Re:"silly hats" I'll be wearing a white cap with a black triangle-shaped logo and my name embroidered onto the side, recently unearthed from my dotcom startup.

-igal

Brett Carter

May 19, 2009, 1:30:14 PM5/19/09
to pdxd...@googlegroups.com
Sweet. I'll try and make this as well. Any recommendations on a good cart?
-Brett

Adam Lowry

May 19, 2009, 1:59:23 PM5/19/09
to pdxd...@googlegroups.com
On May 19, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Brett Carter wrote:
> Sweet. I'll try and make this as well. Any recommendations on a
> good cart?
> -Brett

Many!

My favorites:

Ziba's Pitas (Bosnian): http://foodcartsportland.com/2007/09/23/zibas-pitas/
#1 Bento (Korean): http://foodcartsportland.com/2008/09/18/number-1-bento/
Huong's (Vietnamese, great Banh Mi): http://foodcartsportland.com/2008/12/05/huongs/
Savor Soup House: http://foodcartsportland.com/2009/01/27/savor-soup-house/
Mai Pho (Vietnamese): http://foodcartsportland.com/2009/03/05/mai-pho-vietnamese/
Ugarit (Mediterranean/Lebanese): no link

And a new one that sounds good, but not vegetarian:
Nong's Khao Man Gai: http://foodcartsportland.com/2009/05/09/coming-soon-nongs-khao-man-gai/

I'm debating between the lemongrass noodle salad at Mai Pho, a spinach
pita from Ziba's, or perhaps picking a cart I don't usually eat at and
taking my chances.

Adam

Aaron Blew

May 19, 2009, 2:22:58 PM5/19/09
to pdxd...@googlegroups.com
I think I'm going to go have DNA Thai on the corner of 9th and Washington.

I don't think I own a hat, but I will be wearing a rust/orange colored fleece jacket.  Looking forward to meeting you guys!

-Aaron

Igal Koshevoy

May 19, 2009, 2:46:00 PM5/19/09
to pdxd...@googlegroups.com
Aaron Blew wrote:
> I don't think I own a hat
<voice kind="Darth Vader">I find your lack of haberdashery ...
disturbing.</voice>

-igal :)