Dan Crain

Jim Swarzman

Aug 16, 2010, 12:31:55 PM8/16/10
to PCH Randos
Don't know that I'm the person who should be posting this, but just
heard the terribly sad news that Dan Crain has passed away, apparently
from complications stemming from having been hit by a car on his bike
a couple weeks ago, or from the surgery performed to repair a
displaced vertebra resulting from the accident.

For those who didn't know Dan, he was a legendary ultracyclist, a
frequent volunteer at events when he wasn't riding, and an incredibly
nice guy. While we often hear "he will be missed", it will be true of
Dan more than most.

I'm sure someone with more information will post it soon.

JS

Lisa Jones

Aug 16, 2010, 3:40:42 PM8/16/10
to pch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes...thank you Jim for posting it. I am still in shock over it.
I have lots of good memories of Dan....can't believe he is gone.
I know Lynn Katano will be posting on Facebook about his memorial service as
soon as the details are decided.
Lisa

JS

Jerry Brown

Aug 16, 2010, 5:59:51 PM8/16/10
to pch-r...@googlegroups.com
Jim... I am in contact with a number of people close to Dan.  I will send you information as it becomes available.  jb

Terry

Aug 16, 2010, 7:20:46 PM8/16/10
to PCH Randos
I just got Anny's email. I'm in shock. That's three cycling friends
I've lost in the past 18 months.
I don't want to lose any more of you - be safe out there, Please.

Terry
> > pch-randos+...@googlegroups.com<pch-randos%2Bunsubscribe@googlegrou­ps.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at