WebTest 1.2.4 released

Gaël Pasgrimaud

Aug 5, 2011, 2:10:13 PM8/5/11
to Paste Users
Hi folks,

I love WebTest so I've proposed myself to become the new maintainer.
Now, after a few bugs fixes and mails with Ian, it looks like I'm the new one.

So, I'm pleased to announce that a new release is available on pypi.
See http://webtest.pythonpaste.org/en/latest/news.html#id1 if you're
curious about what's new in this release.

I guess that this is my first and last release announce since WebTest
is already mature and stable.
This one is more to say that the project is active. If you need
improvements or new features do not hesitate to post an issue on the
bitbucket tracker.

Cheers,

--
Gael

Alex Grönholm

Aug 6, 2011, 6:38:02 AM8/6/11
to paste...@googlegroups.com
First and last? Are you not going to add py3k support?

Also, if the status is "mature and stable", why does the PyPI record
still indicate "Beta"?
Not to mention not stating what Python versions are even supported!

You have plenty of work ahead of you.

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Gael

Alex Grönholm

Aug 6, 2011, 9:58:10 AM8/6/11
to Gaël Pasgrimaud, paste...@googlegroups.com
06.08.2011 15:40, Ga�l Pasgrimaud kirjoitti:
> 2011/8/6 Alex Gr�nholm<alex.g...@nextday.fi>:

>> 05.08.2011 21:10, Ga�l Pasgrimaud kirjoitti:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I love WebTest so I've proposed myself to become the new maintainer.
>>> Now, after a few bugs fixes and mails with Ian, it looks like I'm the new
>>> one.
>>>
>>> So, I'm pleased to announce that a new release is available on pypi.
>>> See http://webtest.pythonpaste.org/en/latest/news.html#id1 if you're
>>> curious about what's new in this release.
>>>
>>> I guess that this is my first and last release announce since WebTest
>>> is already mature and stable.
>>> This one is more to say that the project is active. If you need
>>> improvements or new features do not hesitate to post an issue on the
>>> bitbucket tracker.
>> First and last? Are you not going to add py3k support?
> Last announce, not release. And yes, I guess that porting to python3
> will be the main task in the near futur. But I don't think that webob
> already has python3 support and this is a requirement.
Well this is being worked on and hopefully a py3k compatible WebOb will
surface Very Soon now.

>> Also, if the status is "mature and stable", why does the PyPI record still
>> indicate "Beta"?
> Good question. I guess that this can be changed. I use webtest a lot
> and it already fit my needs as this. Not yours ?
> Also I don't think that the high level api will change.
You should change the status in setup.py and PyPI too. While you're at
it, you should probably also:

- add yourself as the maintainer
- add classifiers for all supported Python versions
- preferably add distutils2 metadata to setup.cfg

Also, why did you upload both zip and tar.gz source packages? Just the
.tar.gz should suffice.