Paperclip + Passenger = :(

78 visningar

pimpmaster

oläst,
5 juli 2008 15:19:092008-07-05
till Paperclip Plugin
Running my app in dev mode and Paperclip performs splendidly.

I just deployed to my server (which also has ImageMagick 6.3.8) and my
models get saved, but the attachments are essentially ignored.. no
errors in the logs, nothing.. mod_rails just pretends I didnt just ask
it to upload a file

Anyone else deal with this issue?

Jonathan Yurek

oläst,
8 juli 2008 16:05:062008-07-08
till papercli...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure that imagemagick is in the $PATH available to Apache/
Passenger?

--
Jonathan Yurek
thoughtbot, inc.

kbingman

oläst,
10 juli 2008 10:26:482008-07-10
till Paperclip Plugin
I have a similar problem, but in reverse. I have a few production
sites on slicehost using mod_rails; they use paperclip and work
perfectly. Locally, I just set up mod_rails for testing purposes on
two machines. The resizing doesn't work on either of them... The image
is uploaded, but no thumbnails are generated. Switch the same app over
to mongrel and it works.

convert is in /usr/local/bin/convert, which is also in my path. My VPS
has it is /usr/bin/convert, but that is the only difference I can come
up with so far. Oh... the server is Ubuntu(hardy) and works fine,
locally I am on 10.5.4...

Keith Bingman
ke...@keithbingman.com

Jonathan Yurek

oläst,
10 juli 2008 10:30:402008-07-10
till papercli...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure about this, but don't mod_rails apps run as the same user
as Apache? That would mean that what's in your personal $PATH doesn't
carry over. You should try specifying the path
("Paperclip.options[:image_magick_path] = '...'" in config/
initializers/paperclip.rb) and see if that works.

kbingman

oläst,
10 juli 2008 13:23:592008-07-10
till Paperclip Plugin
Awesome. You made my day. That worked nicely.

Keith

Andrew Vit

oläst,
23 aug. 2008 16:49:302008-08-23
till Paperclip Plugin
Man, I wish that was documented somewhere... Would have saved me a ton
of time.

--Andrew

Marcus

oläst,
29 aug. 2008 23:59:342008-08-29
till Paperclip Plugin
Ahhh I'm just glad to have finally found it. Thanks for the tip
Jonathan. My initializers/paperclip.rb ended up looking like this (OS
X locally, Ubuntu on the server):

if RAILS_ENV == "development"
Paperclip.options[:image_magick_path] = '/opt/local/bin/'
else
Paperclip.options[:image_magick_path] = '/usr/bin/'
end

Tim Haines

oläst,
30 aug. 2008 04:26:042008-08-30
till papercli...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marcus,

I did almost exactly the same, except my test environment is the same as development..

Tim.

craig t mackenzie

oläst,
17 okt. 2008 07:27:072008-10-17
till Paperclip Plugin
You can actually just store the path in your enviroments files, like
so:

IMAGE_MAGICK_PATH = "/opt/local/bin"

then your initializer looks like this:

Paperclip.options[:image_magick_path] = IMAGE_MAGICK_PATH

Bit DRYer.

-craig

Chris Simmons

oläst,
15 dec. 2008 11:24:172008-12-15
till Paperclip Plugin
I'm having this problem on Mediatemple's DVs... I tried setting the
option in my initializer, but still no luck.

My head hurts from banging it against my desk. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Chris

On Oct 17, 6:27 am, craig t mackenzie <craigtmacken...@gmail.com>
wrote: