FW: Android Froyo offering for OMAP4430 (Blaze) - now available

Thondar, Geetha

Dec 9, 2010, 2:59:20 PM12/9/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com

FYI… this can be a reference for Pandroid.

Thanks

Geetha

Dec 9, 2010, 5:22:21 PM12/9/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Geetha.

A few things that are still unclear to me:

1) Do I use the u-boot/x-loader source from this repository (as discussed in http://omappedia.org/wiki/OMAP_Pandroid_Main#Selecting_a_Release)?

u-boot

source: git://gitorious.org/pandaboard/u-boot.git
branch: origin/omap4_panda_es2.0
board config: omap4430panda_config

xloader

source: git://gitorious.org/pandaboard/x-loader.git
branch: origin/omap4_panda_L24.9
board config: omap4430panda_config

2) Are those the correct config files?
3) Is the panda EMU or GP device?
4) Basically, I follow this : http://omappedia.org/wiki/OMAP_Pandroid_Main#Selecting_a_Release for u-boot, x-loader and kernel. And for the AFS, I use the info here L27.INC1.8.2 OMAP4 Froyo ES2 release notes?
5) The note mentions that Ducati binaries are also released. Does that mean the A/V plays now or is that for Blaze only?

Regards.

Pat Narendra

Dec 9, 2010, 8:43:09 PM12/9/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com

Geetha, it would be enormously helpful if you could elaborate.   For example what we should do to take the Blaze drop and apply to Panda.  This is far too cryptic.

On Dec 9, 2010 1:59 PM, "Thondar, Geetha" <gee...@ti.com> wrote:
> FYI... this can be a reference for Pandroid.

> Thanks
> Geetha
>
> ________________________________

Thondar, Geetha

Dec 10, 2010, 12:46:11 PM12/10/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com

Here are details on what would/wouldn’t work on PandaBoard from a Blaze release…

  • It would mainly be the OMAP specific binary releases from TI (i.e.) GFX, Connectivity and Ducati packages can be used on top of Pandroid file system
  • Kernel and bootloader binaries from Blaze release won’t work on Panda
    • They need to be referred from Pandroid project
  • PandaBoard is a GP device (to answer the other email)
  • Pre-built AFS from Blaze should work on Panda. But it wouldn’t have Mouse support and other PandaBoard specific changes (no battery etc).
    • The file system can be built using Blaze as reference and then Panda specific patches can be applied as mentioned in Pandroid wiki. Please feel free to post a L27.8.2 Pandroid AFS if anyone has built one.

Thanks

Geetha