How to rename favourite?

Maarten Deen

Apr 19, 2013, 4:12:08 AM4/19/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I added a favourite, but made a typo. Can I rename this favourite or do I have to create a new one?

Areg

Apr 19, 2013, 5:49:38 AM4/19/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

When you click on Favorite in Favorites list in popped up list you can see the "Edit Favorite" option and you can fix any typos.

If there are a typo in Category you can fix it but you will got 2 categories - one correct and another with type. You need just to delete the Category with typo but be sure that it is empty first.

Regards,
Areg

Maarten Deen

Apr 23, 2013, 2:01:43 AM4/23/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I don't have that edit option. All I get is "show on map" and "make destination".

Areg

Apr 23, 2013, 2:14:03 AM4/23/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Are you opening the favorites from main screen or map?

Regards,
Areg

Areg

Apr 23, 2013, 2:41:30 AM4/23/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Did you tried to scroll that 2 buttons right or left?
That pop up list is sometimes scrollable if it does not fit to the narrow screen size for example.

Regards,
Areg

Maarten Deen

Apr 23, 2013, 6:19:58 AM4/23/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Ah, that's the trick. Yes, I was in the menu for getting a destination (main screen -> search -> favourites). When I go directly main screen -> favourites then there is a rename option. A bit silly that these menus are different. I see no reason why renaming a favourite when you want to set a destination should be blocked.

And no, I could not scroll left or right, it does look like it would allow that, looking at the icons, but they won't move.

Areg

Apr 23, 2013, 6:32:49 AM4/23/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Which version of OsmAnd and on which device you are using it?
I am running the latest OsmAnd-arm from http://download.osmand.net/latest-night-build/ on Samsung SGS2 Android 4.0.4.

Regards,
Areg

Maarten Deen

Apr 23, 2013, 2:40:51 PM4/23/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I am currently using 1.1.3 beta on a Galaxy Tab II.