Feature suggestion

S.by

Apr 7, 2013, 1:00:03 PM4/7/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to suggest a new feature to directions :

 Add the name of the street that needs to be turned to .

This name will appear in "route details" and below the first turn arrow on left side of the map  .

Here is one example out of many where no routing machine can specify exact "turn" or "slight turn"

(I am not saying that all similar examples behave this way.... i can give more motorway examples to same direction or to only successive "turn" / "slight turn"  routing )

Also , It would be a good feature for all turns .

OSRM (same as yours routing)

Cloudmade behaves like OsnAnd and ignores  the second turn

S.by

Apr 7, 2013, 1:16:09 PM4/7/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
My suggestion would also eliminate a persons routing errors due to error on the map (like number of lanes in reality do not match the map)