Feature request: Add "Save current GPX track" to "Logging Services"

130 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Harry van der Wolf

no leída,
24 mar 2013, 3:00:54 a.m.24/3/2013
para osm...@googlegroups.com
Currently you can configure your map screen to display in the top-left the "Logging Services" icon from where you can start/stop track recording, start/stop live tracking and enable/disable sleep mode.
Is it possible to add a fourth option "Save currecnt GPX track" to the small popup menu? This option is now currently (only) in the "Settings -> General" menu.
This would save some tap/click actions and leaves your map on screen.

The fact that a track is normally only saved upon restart of OsmAnd, or the fact that it is in the general settings menu, was not very obvious to me.
(As with everything: Once you know it, it is simple of course.)

Victor Shcherb

no leída,
7 abr 2013, 12:44:06 p.m.7/4/2013
para osmand
Done.

Harry van der Wolf

no leída,
9 abr 2013, 10:30:19 a.m.9/4/2013
para osm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. It works OK.

Harry

2013/4/7 Victor Shcherb <victor....@gmail.com>

rodolfo

no leída,
11 abr 2013, 7:47:00 a.m.11/4/2013
para osm...@googlegroups.com
This change pushes the (most used?) option "enable sleep mode" off the screen in portrait mode, not quite happy about that.
Another (minor) point is, that we now have 4 identical icons in this menu for very distinct functions.
The "record gpx" and "online tracking" options do have a correct icon, i think, but "sleep mode" and "save gpx track" would be better off with a more appropriate icon. Can you agree?

Rodolfo

On Sunday, 7 April 2013 18:44:06 UTC+2, V S wrote:
Done.

Victor Shcherb

no leída,
11 abr 2013, 11:19:11 a.m.11/4/2013
para osmand
For now icon question is a bit out of the scope. So I don't plan any change with it yet.
I think design could be completely changed in few months and this version will not be released soon.

Best Regards,
Victor

pshrutpark

no leída,
15 abr 2013, 11:00:55 p.m.15/4/2013
para osm...@googlegroups.com
I also find the new "Save Current GPX" in its current position on the "Logging Services" tool bar to be inconvenient and basically "in the way" when needing to use the "Enable sleep mode".

I wonder about the need for it.

Why not just automatically save the current GPX when the "Record GPX" in the same tool bar is turned off.

Thanks

Cheers

Areg

no leída,
16 abr 2013, 5:34:49 a.m.16/4/2013
para osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I agree with that.
I am using the "Enable Sleep Mode" more often than the GPX file save and after the changes it is bit annoying that the new button appeared in place of "Sleep Mode" one and also it should not have the red pin on it as it does not turn on and off and just saving the file.

It will be nice to move it to the end and change the style so it will contain something like the save icon on it as on File->Save Floppy icon.

Also it is bit unusual that after saving it resetting the value of distance that you travelled and it is quite frustrating.

Regards,
Areg
GPX Buttons Order.PNG

Hardy

no leída,
19 abr 2013, 6:31:03 a.m.19/4/2013
para osm...@googlegroups.com
Just happen to find this thread. I had proposed the following on our code page, please comment if you think thi sis reasonable so we could implement:

... For the individual I guess it strongly depends on how you use OsmAnd.

For the "average" user, if there is such a thing, I would guess the following is true:

  • Save to GPX: Often used
  • Save current GPX track: Should be right next to it, sort of belongs together
  • Sleep mode: Slightly more advanced functionality, but also often used
  • Live tracking: Very advanced functionality, the average user probably never uses it, would not even know how to set it up

Hence I suggest to use exactly this order, but have no strong feeling about it.

Best,
Hardy

Hardy

no leída,
19 abr 2013, 6:49:35 a.m.19/4/2013
para osm...@googlegroups.com
Some remarks:
- The "distance" displayed is not the distance TRAVELED, but the distance RECORDED (in the currentl file). (Mind the difference)
- I guess the use case for the save button is if you want to divide your trip into diferenmt files. I often use it after having driven to the hiking trailhaed, to separate betwenn the car and the hiking portion.
- Saving files automatically once recording is turned off is a little unpractical, because we will then receive requests for (more complicated) extra "pausing" functionality, like for when are are on a hike and have a lunch break in a hut (indoor). I simply toggle recording for this period, but would not like to have the GPX file closed at that point.
- I guess I could certainly live with having the "save" button far right, but not with dropping it. The only reasoning why it should be near GPX recording is that it stricly refers to saving/closing the LOCAL GPX file, nothing else.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos