Getting target from other App

Gotthard Friedrich

Apr 7, 2013, 3:17:12 PM4/7/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

My Geocaching App can call up an outside program for routing to the target - works with Google Maps and Navigon. But actually I would like to use Osmand for offline routing
Does Osmand have this possibility?
What would the Geocaching App need to call the right interface?

Thanks for your help

Gotthard

Victor Shcherb

Apr 7, 2013, 3:40:03 PM4/7/13
to osmand
Hi,

For now it is not possible but we can make it working. It would be awesome, if you could make simple pull request with Intent to MapActivity calling this function https://github.com/osmandapp/Osmand/blob/master/OsmAnd/src/net/osmand/plus/activities/MapActivityActions.java#L519 or a stub function for example.

Best Regards,
Victor

Gotthard

Gotthard Friedrich

Apr 8, 2013, 7:04:30 PM4/8/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am sending this to the developers of the geocaching app - hopefully they can adopt or send you the call that google maps and navigon is acting on...

Best regards,

Gotthard

http://forum.geoclub.de/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=69253&p=1087157#p1087157

Gotthard Friedrich

Apr 14, 2013, 3:32:58 PM4/14/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Did a little research myself.

Cache box calls an URL like
https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=50.14655,8.9161

The Android manifest of cache box states a reaction on certain URLs
<activity android:name="splash">
31 <intent-filter>
32 <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
33 <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
34 <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />
35 <data android:scheme="http" android:host="coord.info"
36 android:pathPrefix="/GC" />
37 </intent-filter>

Would that be possible

Best regards

Gotthard

Victor Shcherb

Apr 14, 2013, 4:41:51 PM4/14/13
to osmand
That could be possible, why not. Just a small explanation why it is needed would be good.

Victor

Gotthard

Gotthard Friedrich

Apr 18, 2013, 3:30:32 PM4/18/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am using cachebox for geocaching. They have a functionality to send the location of the cache to a routing software (the code that I posted). When they are using this mechanism others might as well... and so psmand would be the receiver as it is for adress data...
Best regards
Gotthard

Victor Shcherb

Apr 18, 2013, 6:34:55 PM4/18/13
to osmand
Nice!

Gotthard

jGda

Apr 24, 2013, 4:40:04 PM4/24/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for looking into my little request.
I am using release build 131 and I am able to choose Osmand as the target for the routing request from cache box.
Unfortunately Then there is an error message for address search with offline data.
What is there that I can send you for better locating the big?
Best regards,
Gotthard