An issue on my 4.0.4 tablet

S.by

Apr 14, 2013, 10:00:30 AM4/14/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I have installed the latest nightly build on my android 4.0.4 1024X600 7" tablet ( freelander pd10 ) .

It seems that when i press on a point to get the round lat lon bubble i get the context menu right away without the pressing the bubble  .

Same goes for #1118 which works fine on bluestacks but has the same problem on the android 4.0.4 .

I reverted back to OsmAnd 1.1.2 on this tablet and all is o.k .

Anyone facing the same issue ?

Hardy

Apr 15, 2013, 3:03:13 PM4/15/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I am currently on master-2013-04-14.apk, on an Adnroid 4.0.4 on htc Desire X, have not seen this issue there.

S.by

Apr 15, 2013, 4:06:06 PM4/15/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Strange , this is not suppose to be a device related issue .

I suspect this is because i had an earlier version of osmand there and something went wrong when i updated .

Although i did try a clean uninstall and reinstall 2 times  .

I am experiencing different hardware acceleration performance on bluestacks when comparing the nightly OsmAnd(31M) to the default OsmAnd(20M) .... So i went and installed the nightly on the physical tablet .

But this could be a bluestacks comparability issue ... i will try the arm version or the default version on the tablet .

Which is your installed version ? The 31M or a smaller one ?

Hardy

Apr 16, 2013, 6:02:19 AM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I usually test the master builds, (our newer ones are temporarily at 31M due to inclusion of additional code). Could well be that the issue you see is exactly due to these kinds of experiments. Check out download.osmand.net/night-builds to install different apks if you want to help debug this.

Thanks, Hardy

S.by

Apr 16, 2013, 6:40:47 AM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
About the hardware acceleration (graphics) difference on bluetsacks  i meant it could be due to bluestacks compatibility (not compatibility ) of course .

S.by

Apr 16, 2013, 6:43:07 AM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
not comparability (damn speller)

Areg

Apr 16, 2013, 7:06:13 AM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I noticed that sometimes on BlueStacks the library files are installed not correctly and app is always running in "Safe Mode".
You should check if the "Safe Mode" option under the "General" is checkable and not checked.

If it is not checkable that something is not right in installation and you need to uninstall and reinstall app.
I tired the OsmAnd-arm/x86/arm-default/x86-default and they are all working fine - http://download.osmand.net/latest-night-build/ .

Regards,
Areg

S.by

Apr 16, 2013, 7:14:18 AM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
It's not an issue of safe mode .

S.by

Apr 16, 2013, 8:15:09 AM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I have installed the #1635D (OsmAnd default ) on the physical tablet . The same issue ... no lat lon bubble . But the graphics acceleration is o.k ....so meanwhile graphics acceleration is bluestacks issue only .

Also ,the profiles (car > pedestrian > bicycle ) is not changeable on the map ( can't be pressed ) . But you can change it through the inner settings .

On the non showing bubble issue .... the point is created not on your exact pressing point ... an issue that was present only on the most bigger zoom before ... so maybe it's a developing issue .

S.by

Apr 16, 2013, 8:25:59 AM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
On the bubble issue ...Hardy ...remember that the HTC desire X is a 800X480 screen while mine is 1024X600 .

What about your screen resolution Areg  ? or anyone with my 1024x600 screen resolution ?

I can record anything you want through it's hdmi output to a capturing hdmi card on my pc ?  ( including adding a mouse pointer ) .

S.by

Apr 16, 2013, 9:07:34 AM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Anyone with a 1280X720 or 1920X1080 screen ?  ( or with 1024x600 )

S.by

Apr 16, 2013, 1:49:59 PM4/16/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com

J. P. Fernandes

Apr 27, 2013, 1:52:40 PM4/27/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Some things to improve, mostly in gui (my personal opinion):

- the image for the icons for car, bicycle and pedestrian should increase in size. In small devices like mine it becomes hard to see;
- The icons for the options (map source, config screen, poi, poi labels, favs, etc...) are all monocromatic. It would be better to add some colour to them so that we could better distinguish them at a glance, especially if you're riding a bike with sun glare on your screen. The sane goes for the icons on the search zone. Also maybe add different icons for the different poi
- the flag for destination is also thinner than usually and harder to see. Maybe make it bulkier.
Message has been deleted

S.by

May 21, 2013, 5:27:24 PM5/21/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Issue source is found and can be disabled ...

Turn accessibility Mode off .

And everything goes normal again.