Code, text and outreach sprint: Sunday, March 22, 10am, Ristretto Coffee

Igal Koshevoy

Mar 19, 2009, 7:24:18 PM3/19/09
to osbridgepdx...@googlegroups.com, Brandon Philips, Kirsten Comandich, Sam Goldstein, Ben Munat, Selena Deckelmann, Audrey Eschright
Join us to work on one or more of these for Open Source Bridge this weekend:

1. Code: Add features and specs to the OpenConferenceWare conference
app. Join in if you've got Ruby on Rails coding experience, such as
contributing code to Calagator.

2. Text: Compose documents for outreach to user groups, educational
institutions, open source projects, and the like.

3. Outreach: Contact user group leaders, educators, open source
projects, mailing lists, etc to encourage them to spread the word about
the conference and submit proposals.

We'll meet up at Ristretto[1] at 10am, then move on to a working lunch
nearby at the Lompoc 5th Quadrant[2]. Some members will leave as soon as
2pm, but others will stay on later. Join us for however much of this you
can.

Thanks!

-igal

[1] Ristretto Coffee: 3808 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR 97213 --
http://ristrettoroasters.com/2008/10/dylans-photo-tour/#more-111
[2] Lompoc, 5th Quadrant: 3901 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR --
http://www.newoldlompoc.com/5thquadranthome.html

Eric O'Connell

Mar 19, 2009, 7:54:05 PM3/19/09
to osbridgepdx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Igal,

Is this Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks,
Eric

AdamD

Mar 19, 2009, 8:12:06 PM3/19/09
to osbridgepdx-technology
Hi Eric,

Sorry about that--it's this Sunday, March 22.

Hope to see you there,
Adam

Selena Deckelmann

Mar 19, 2009, 8:24:39 PM3/19/09
to osbridgepdx...@googlegroups.com, Brandon Philips, Kirsten Comandich, Sam Goldstein, Ben Munat, Audrey Eschright
Thanks, Igal for sending this out!

Also -- If you're an early riser, feel free to get to Ristretto early and save us spot in the back around the round tables :)

First three people to get there get a dorky Open Source merit badges that I picked up from these guys: http://nerdmeritbadges.com/
--
Selena Deckelmann
Open Source Bridge - http://www.opensourcebridge.org

Kirsten Comandich

Mar 19, 2009, 8:46:08 PM3/19/09
to Selena Deckelmann, osbridgepdx...@googlegroups.com, Brandon Philips, Sam Goldstein, Ben Munat, Audrey Eschright
Also -- If you're an early riser, feel free to get to Ristretto early and save us spot in the back around the round tables :)

First three people to get there get a dorky Open Source merit badges that I picked up from these guys: http://nerdmeritbadges.com/

OMG, and somewhere I still have all my old Camp Fire patches from when I was a kid, they would go well together. Ha ha ha. I'll see what I can do about the early rising. :)

Thanks,
Kirsten

AdamD

Mar 20, 2009, 1:02:29 AM3/20/09
to osbridgepdx-technology
If you are unable to make it Sunday, but want to help out with user
group outreach, please say so in this thread and Selena will contact
you.

We have a great opportunity to talk to developers as fellow
developers. It will mean much more to group leaders across the country
to hear from someone who knows what fires us up. To do this sort of
grassroots outreach, we need many involved. If you have a few hours
over the next couple weeks, Open Source Bridge would love your help.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Mar 20, 2009, 1:24:12 AM3/20/09
to osbridgepdx...@googlegroups.com

I'm planning to be there for the non-Rails-hacking activities.
Meanwhile, should we post an announcement on any of the following
LinkedIn groups?

Ruby on Rails Community
Business on Rails
Functional Programming
Linux Expert
Open Source
PostgreSQL
ROR Open Source Network
Ruby and Ruby on Rails
Rubyists
The Linux Foundation

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky

AdamD

Mar 20, 2009, 1:41:50 AM3/20/09
to osbridgepdx-technology
I'm glad you'll be joining us, Ed, and thanks for posting the list of
LinkedIn groups. I know there's been some discussion about direct
individual outreach versus what could be seen as spamming lists. I'm
sure there will be clarifications on what is appropriate when we meet
Sunday.