Welcome

Laurent Perron

Sep 17, 2010, 8:25:03 AM9/17/10
to or-tools-discuss
Welcome all to this list.

Here is a few point I would like to clarify.

The code we have released is a subset of all the OR tools we are
developing at Google. This code is used internally. We will maintain
this open-source branch in sync with our internal code and will likely
contribute more tools, more technology.

The documentation is missing. We are working hard on that. In the
meantime, do not hesitate to contact us, and please have a look at our
C++ and python examples.

We are currently very limited in our ports. In particular, we are not
supporting xcode on mac OS X Leopard. The STL is not standard there.
We do not plan to support xcode < 3.2.3 on Snow Leopard. Sorry for the
trouble. We are trying to find a work around using custom GCC on mac
OS X.

We are currently investigating how users can contribute to the code
base. What is sure is that contributors will have to sign one of these
two documents:
http://code.google.com/legal/individual-cla-v1.0.html
http://code.google.com/legal/corporate-cla-v1.0.html

The exact process to accept patches is to be defined.

Thanks

--Laurent Perron