The sample code for getting a user's orkut UID is incorrect

yoichiro

Jul 15, 2008, 11:47:19 PM7/15/08
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hi Jason,

I seem that the sample code for getting a user's orkut UID in
following url is incorrect. We will catch an error as running it,
because this code is not specify a PROFILE_DETAILS parameter for
calling newFetchPersonRequest() function.

http://code.google.com/apis/orkut/docs/orkutdevguide.html#ops_uid

For getting the PROFILE_URL value, someone should correct the
request() function in the sample code as follows:

function request() {
var req=opensocial.newDataRequest();
var params = {};
params[opensocial.DataRequest.PeopleRequestFields.PROFILE_DETAILS] =
[opensocial.Person.Field.PROFILE_URL];
req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest("VIEWER", params), "viewer");
req.send(response);
};

Can Jason do this correction?

Best regards,
Yoichiro

Jason

Jul 16, 2008, 7:50:30 PM7/16/08
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hi Yoichiro. Great catch! This example should be corrected very soon.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers!
- Jason

yoichiro

Jul 18, 2008, 10:19:22 AM7/18/08
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry for the late reply. I confirmed
that the sample code is correct in Orkut Developer's Guide page at few
minutes ago, and most developers will be able to retrieve the
PROFILE_URL value without anxiety.

Best regards,
Yoichiro